Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raqball
Punch Card
Message 31 of 66

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2017 edition

And shipped!

I assume it will go to Alaska then to Los Angeles since I am in the LA area.. Well, that's the path that iPhones take when they ship from China via UPS..

Can't wait to see how the Silver looks in the flesh..

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
sbekti
Punch Card
Message 32 of 66

Hello,

I ordered a replacement X1 Yoga 2nd Gen on Jun 1 and the estimated shipping is Jun 19.

How likely is it that the estimated shipping date will be updated to an earlier date? Do they always ship earlier than the original estimated shipping date? Thanks.

-------
X1 Yoga 2nd Gen
raqball
Punch Card
Message 33 of 66

Mine shipped 6 days early...

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
raqball
Punch Card
Message 34 of 66

I really wish Lenovo would offer different shipping options....

I NEVER use UPS unless I have no choice, like in this case.. I always have nothing but issues with UPS and this shippment is no different....

The package made it to Shanghai yesterday morning at 10:30AM local China time... It's now been 2 days (it's now Monday morning in China) and the package has not budged an inch and is hanging out and collecting dust in Shanghai...

Please Lenovo give us different shipping options.. I would have paid extra to use FedEx....

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
sbekti
Punch Card
Message 35 of 66

Hi raqball,

I share your frustration. My previous order also got stuck in Shanghai for 3 days. Nevertheless, the package arrived on time as promised. Attached is the tracking progress for your reference. Hope that helps.

But yeah, I prefer FedEx over UPS and I really wish Lenovo had provided an option to expedite the order/shipment. I am willing to pay extra for this.

Edit: 3 days, not 2 days.

-------
X1 Yoga 2nd Gen
raqball
Punch Card
Message 36 of 66

Thanks for the tracking info... Odd that UPS sends California bound packages through KY... The last time I got stuck using UPS for a from China delivery was for an iPhone order and it went from Alaska straight to LA....

Mine says estimated delivery is Thursday which I find rather laughable since it was technically shipped to me on Friday California time..

UPS can't do any better than 6-days for an Expedited (thier termonology) package... If that's their defination of expedited then I'd hate to see what standard sipping would be.. Do they strap standard delivery packages to the back of a fish and point it towards the west coast? LOL

I'll probably do the same as you have it held for pickup.. UPS opens at 10AM but if it goes on a truck they never make it out my way until after 7PM and since the package has to be signed for I don't feel like stiing around all day waiting on the UPS truck... I really hate using UPS and advoid them unless I have no choice..

I do wonder why Lenovo does not offer different shipping options though.

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
sbekti
Punch Card
Message 37 of 66

I think it's because their hub is in Louisville, KY (it's called the Worldport). They usually do the customs clearance there before flying the package to the final destination hub. But I must agree with you---it doesn't look very efficient to me (AK --> KY --> CA) Smiley Happy

-------
X1 Yoga 2nd Gen
raqball
Punch Card
Message 38 of 66

It's odd, for sure...

I ordeed an unlocked phone  from England a few weeks ago and it gave me the option of UPS Expedited or DHL Express.. I chose DHL and it took 2 days from shipping notice to the ring of my doorbell... 

I guess UPS terminology needs a revamp because I would not call 6 days as Expedited but that's just me.,,

Oh well, nothing I can do about it...

Edit: Where did my other post go? It went poof! Guess you get moderated if you say anything bad about UPS? My bad! LOL

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
raqball
Punch Card
Message 39 of 66

The computer has still not moved an inch and It's still sitting in Shanghai, China.. It's now been 4 days and nothing at all. I am trying my best to not blame Lenovo but it's getting harder as the clock ticks on.

I am going to give it until tomorrow and if it still has not moved I will just have it returned to sender and seek a refund. Returning to sender should be pretty easy since the package has only moved a few feet since it was shipped 4 days ago..

Does anyone know who I call to initiate the return to sender? Lenovo? UPS?

Edit:

Just checked the tracking and UPS has now updated the expected delivery to Monday 6-12-2017.. How it it possible for a company to be this incompetent? It was sent on Friday so it takes UPS 11 days to move an expedited package from China to California?

I am going to contact Lenovo and have it returned to sender and refunded.. No thanks! I won't be ordering from Lenovo again until they offer a different shipping company..

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
veriton
Token Ring
Message 40 of 66

@raqball: Have you phoned Lenovo Customer Services about it? In UK I found them very helpful and they probably have access to more systems than we can see. Obviously it's not clear why your X1 is sitting there but if you cancel it you'll be back to square one...

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
Top Kudoed Authors