Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raqball
Punch Card
Views: 2,389
Message 41 of 66

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2017 edition

@veriton wrote:

@raqball: Have you phoned Lenovo Customer Services about it? In UK I found them very helpful and they probably have access to more systems than we can see. Obviously it's not clear why your X1 is sitting there but if you cancel it you'll be back to square one...

I did call them.. See my edit 2 to the post I made above..

They were friendly and helpful.. I am trying my best to not blame this on Lenovo but they do have some culpability here as it's the shipping company they chose to use..

And it finally moved! Yay! Now what UPS normall does, and what I assume will still happen, is it will be delayed again and this time they will blame weather...

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
sbekti
Punch Card
Views: 2,368
Message 42 of 66

My replacement X1Y2 finally got shipped today (6/6)! I placed the order on 6/1 and I was given 6/9 for the shipping estimate. The shipment is 3 days faster than the original estimate.

It is now currently in Shanghai. I hope everything goes well (the defective machine spent 3 days in Shanghai for some reason) *finger crossed*.

-------
X1 Yoga 2nd Gen
veriton
Token Ring
Views: 2,360
Message 43 of 66

raqball wrote: 

Edit 2:

Called Lenovo to have the package recalled.. The Lenovo rep was helpful and friendly and offered me a 7% refund for the hassle.. After looking at the tracking info even he was scratching his head..

I accepted their offer but this has still left a bad taste in my mouth. Lenovo is having their reputation damaged by UPS.. I hope at some point they decide to offer different shipping options and companies...

Well, 7% discount is not too bad a result - I'm not sure all suppliers would do that. I agree with you about UPS (mine took 2 extra days whilst in the UK - one due to mislabelling, one because their van driver ran out of hours), but I suspect Lenovo has one shipping company to cover every country they sell directly in (a lot!) and UPS is probably cheapest.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait - I'm still very happy with my X1C5 (and don't regret returning the MBP13).

Simon

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
raqball
Punch Card
Views: 2,358
Message 44 of 66

@veriton wrote:

Well, 7% discount is not too bad a result - I'm not sure all suppliers would do that. I agree with you about UPS (mine took 2 extra days whilst in the UK - one due to mislabelling, one because their van driver ran out of hours), but I suspect Lenovo has one shipping company to cover every country they sell directly in (a lot!) and UPS is probably cheapest.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait - I'm still very happy with my X1C5 (and don't regret returning the MBP13).

Simon

Overall I am pretty pleased with Lenovo.. They built my CTO 6 days ahead of schedule and the rep I spoke with was friendly, professional and helpful. No complaints there..

I didn't ask for any discount I simply stated that I wanted the computer recalled and returned to them. He said there would be a 15% restocking fee if I did that and asked if he could offer me a different option. The different option offered was a 7% refund and after some debate, I accepted...

My package is actually moving pretty fast now. It finally left Shanghai and made it to Osaka where it was quickly loaded up and departed enroute to Anchorage I assume...

UPS has updated my tracking again and it now says delivery on Friday the 9th. When it 1st shipped it said delivery on the 7th, that changed to the 8th, then it changed to the 12th and now to the 9th.. UPS is clueless.. I don't expect it on Friday however as UPS's normal MO is to claim weather issues and delay inbound packages again..

I'll be glad once it arrives and I can forget UPS even exists...

If Lenovo reps or the powers that be read this, please give customers the option to choose a different shipping company. I would have paid extra to use FedEx or DHL..

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
raqball
Punch Card
Views: 2,264
Message 45 of 66

My silver X1C arrived.. Really digging the silver color and happy I went with it!

A few photos:

DSC_0007

DSC_0003

DSC_0004

DSC_0006

DSC_0005

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
kinganna
What's DOS?
Views: 1,851
Message 46 of 66

ordered my x1c5 (black) on June 29 , but i got 16gb ram instead of 8-- estimated ship day is Jul 10 .. still no movement tho
really need this by July 13 (i got the expedited shipping so estimated delivery is July 12) but so nervous there will be a delay...is anyone having delays?

really need this by july 13!! am in north east USA

kudram
Punch Card
Views: 1,755
Message 47 of 66

I ordered mine on 20 June (9 days earlier) after waiting 6 months for the 1440p screens to become available in the U.S. (they have been available in other countries much earlier).  Right now they have an ship date of 30 July (20 days after you) and estimated arrival of 4 August, a surprising 1.5 months later, but I anticipate that will slip one or two times more.  I'm considering cancelling the order and ordering an XPS instead.

kinganna
What's DOS?
Views: 1,735
Message 48 of 66

thanks for sharing.  i think perhaps it is the screen then which is delaying, i think i just got the standard.  my ship date actually got moved up even further to july 8, so my delivery is expected 2 days earlier now...It is not shipped yet though =/ Fingers crossed!!

kinganna
What's DOS?
Views: 1,703
Message 49 of 66

Ordered June 29 x1c5 u5/16gb and it shipped today July 7! Should arrive early next week

kudram
Punch Card
Views: 1,616
Message 50 of 66

Well I got the email that my order had been shipped (exactly 3 weeks after the day I ordered it).  According to UPS it's already left China and the scheduled delivery is this Friday 14th.  I find that difficult to believe but we'll see (I live in the Pacific Northwest).

I am glad that it did not take as long as the 40 days they were saying it was going to take to ship it, but still 3 weeks is kinda long, especially when you've been waiting 6 months since when the product was announced for it to become available.  I hope my 4th Gen holds out until it arrives ;-).

Top Kudoed Authors