Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aib
Fanfold Paper
Views: 830
Message 91 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2018 edition

I guess a better question is, are the posts in this thread representative of normal Lenuvo shipping times (delays, etc.), or is it more common that shipping arrives on time, when expected?
ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 825
Message 92 of 271

I think as a general rule based on all our reports, anybody ordering a custom laptop from Lenovo should allow for 2 months of wait time.

aib
Fanfold Paper
Views: 822
Message 93 of 271

Okay good to know. Thank you.

Solara79
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 94 of 271

Update on my shipping.

It arrived on Friday May 11th, ordered April 24th. It was delayed two times but then date was adjusted again.

Custom order. 

arj1o1
Punch Card
Views: 808
Message 95 of 271

Did you order the HDR screen?
Solara79
Paper Tape
Views: 805
Message 96 of 271

Configuration Details
●  8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
●  Windows 10 Pro 64
●  Windows 10 Pro 64 English
●  14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS glossy with Dolby Vision, 500 nits
●  16 GB LPDDR3 2133MHz (Onboard)
●  Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
●  Black
●  720p HD Camera with ThinkShutter and microphone
●  Fingerprint Reader
●  Backlit Keyboard - US English
●  UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad)
●  Hardware dTPM
●  Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
●  512GB Solid State Drive PCIe-NVME OPAL2.0 M.2
●  3 cell Li-Ion 57Wh
●  65W AC Adapter (2pin) - USB Type C
●  Intel Dual Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 4.1 with vPro
●  RJ45 Extension Connector Generation 2
●  WLAN antenna
●  14.0" WQHD (2560x1440) IPS, Premium, Glare, 500nits, non-Touch, 720p HD Camera, Black, HDR
●  Intel UHD Graphics 620
Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 791
Message 97 of 271

@HTBruceM - sorry for the late response - I had taken this laptop out yesterday after I received it and was working with installation from inside my car, it was roughly midday and it performed very well despite the weather with the sun roasting me alive. I also happen to have transitional glasses and never had an issue with the polarization like effect you described (i know that commercial you speak of).

On a side note, yes matte screens are what it is, anti-glare but coming from a matte screen, its frankly not that bad. I was expecting a real problem out in the sunshine but I really am not having any concerns. The unit has performed much better than I originally anticipated if I had to be honest with myself - I'm coming from a close to fully loaded P50.

@ibsd - not sure if you were referring your questions about the OS to me but the top spec model ships with Win 10 Pro - I was thinking of having fun with some flavour of Linux but I might have to pass on it for now as most of my work warrants the use of Windows based platform.

@aib - if you order any CTO laptops from Lenovo, as ibsd suggested - plan with a 2 month window to be safe. Because your trip is not far off, you might be better off buying either another laptop or buying from a local supplier to ensure you get it on time. I remember waiting for my x230 and P50 took me about 3-4.5 weeks a piece.

@Solara78 - you'll enjoy the unit I'm sure, can't say anything bad about the display other than my unit shipped with that annoying red hue which is easily corrected with some color profiles online (got mine from notebook check, colors now appear slightly washed but I figure that's how it should really appear - the white is now more white than yellow which is great).

On a side note - given that I have been loading stuff and updating the heck out of my unit - the fans did kick in and the thermals admitingly got pretty hot quick but today since most of the heavy lifiting is done, I must say that the usual multi-chrome tabs (I'm driving about 30-45 tabs daily), with Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Acrobat DC, music and Discord - I'm average 10-15% CPU, 58% RAM and no fan kicking in or any hot thermals to deal with (its relatively cool). So far pretty impressed.

-HG

Solara79
Paper Tape
Views: 786
Message 98 of 271

@Haganeme: The fan on mine was also running a little high during the updates, but since then everything is just beautiful Smiley Happy

I didn't adjust anything on the display, but I think the colors are perfect the way they are, at least for me.

ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 718
Message 99 of 271

Just got an email saying "We hit a speed bump" and that the order's delayed, yet the invoice has actually moved forward. What's with that?

Now I don't know what to believe. So frustrating the way their system works.
macmovieman1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 690
Message 100 of 271

I have been waiting for about 6-weeks and I was told today that I should be getting it tomorrow. Didn't care about touch screen, loved the 500 nit screen but wanted matte. I am concerned I will not be able to add WANN 4G LTE.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6G

Part Number: 20KHCTO1WW

• Processor : 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor with vPro (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64
  • Operating System Language : Windows 10 Pro 64 English
  • Display : 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
  • Memory : 16 GB LPDDR3 2133MHz (Onboard)
  • Graphic Card : Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Body Color : Black
  • Camera : 720p HD Camera with ThinkShutter and microphone
  • Fingerprint Reader : Fingerprint Reader
  • Keyboard : Backlit Keyboard - US English
  • Pointing Device : UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad)
  • Security Chip : Hardware dTPM
  • TPM Setting : Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
  • Hard Drive : 1TB Solid State Drive PCIe-NVMe M.2 OPAL 2.0
  • Battery : 3 cell Li-Ion 57Wh
  • Power Cord : 65W AC Adapter (2pin) - USB Type C
  • Wireless : Intel Dual Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 4.1 with vPro
  • Integrated Wireless Antenna : WLAN antenna
  • vPro Certified Model : vPro Certified
  • Display Panel : 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440) IPS, Anti-Glare, 300nits, non-Touch, 720p HD Camera, Black
  • Base : Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Language Pack : Publication - English
ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6G
Top Kudoed Authors