Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradtalk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,018
Message 301 of 315

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2018 edition

I am taking the delayed shipment as a fake advertisement. Not sure if I can complain about this to any customer protection association. But this frequently happened issue really need to be addressed by Lenovo as soon as possible. It really hurts their reputation no matter how good its products are. Estimated time is not like 3-4 weeks different than it got stated on the website before we placed the order. This is like a trick they played with their customers. 

I had make couple contact to the customer service team regarding my order, and they seem to be very easy on the order issue happened to me. I dont think this is right.  The estimated shipping time got changed couple times and all i was told that it is going to be shipped out earlier than it listed in the email. I dont care, i just wanna know if you cant ship it on the same day i placed the order, why you put it one the website. You make people to choose the one you wanna sell most, but then change the shipping date much later than it supposed to be after we place the order. 

We are not fools, especially when we asked for a faster shipment for the delay, and got responded: "all you need to do is wait". 

A $2400 worth laptop shouldnt make Lenovo think a better shipping service? 

mrkangaroo
Paper Tape
Views: 729
Message 302 of 315

I'm in a similar boat.

I initially ordered on 11/21 and it was estimated to arrive 12/6

Not it's delayed and will ship out 12/14 and arrive 12/21, but I won't actually be at my apartment on that date...

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 650
Message 303 of 315

Ordered X1 Extream - i7 8750H  16 gb 512 SSD

On - 23/11 

Initial -  expected shipping date - 1/12 and delevared by 3/12

Updated to - expected shipping date - 17/12 and delevared by 21/12

I shipped it to my office, but if they try to deliver after 21st, the office will be closed.

Will they call or email to give details of pickup location?

Thanks

Arifzaman
What's DOS?
Views: 499
Message 304 of 315

I've just order a x1 etreme yesterday unknowingly of all these shipping issues. What do you guys think, do i have any chance of getting it within 28 dec as i won't be in Maryland after 29th. And if it doesn't ship by then what should I do now.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 432
Message 305 of 315

Update on my order 

Ordered X1 Extream - i7 8750H  16 gb 512 SSD

It got shipped today ! (7th December), instade of 21st December - it was showing till 3rd December.

Expected delivery - 14th.

They did ship early than what they updated my shipping date to be. 

vxxo0oxxv
What's DOS?
Views: 428
Message 306 of 315

Wew lads! I guess they're shipping this laptop from a moon base somewhere. Will this go any faster if I donate some rocket fuel to Lenovo?

gogolenovo.png

Arifzaman
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 307 of 315

Great! Please let us know when it is delivered

Stevo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 398
Message 308 of 315

My recent experience with a custom X1C6 order:

Custom configuration:

• X1 Carbon 6th Gen
  • i7-8550U
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD
  • HDR WQHD Glossy 500 nits

1st order placed Nov. 22

• Requested cancellation through website later that day when a better discount became available
  • Order cancelled Nov. 23
  • Hold on credit card released three business days later

2nd order placed Nov. 23 (slightly different order than the first)

• Estimated delivery date Dec. 10
  • Shipped Nov. 28 and estimated delivery changed to Dec. 3
  • UPS tracking initially showed expected delivery on Dec. 7
  • Package tendered late to UPS and then a flight delay once in the US
  • Package delivered Dec. 5

It has been a few years since I ordered through the website and I had mixed experiences with orders in the past, but this worked out pretty well.

-Stephen

iamhacked
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 309 of 315

I requested a replacement X1 Yoga on December 2nd since mine frequently gets BSODs (once or twice every day) and runs hot (CPU 70-80C when idle). 

The replacement request went through on December 4th. My order is stuck on "expected to ship December 8th" and will not update. It is now December 11th FFS. It's been a week and they still have not shipped out a preconfigured spec unit.

Lenovo customer service has been no help. All they can tell me is that it's ready to ship but shipment has been delayed due to severe weather conditions (in NC I'm assuming), that the system will update with a tracking number within 24-48 business hours, and that they'll write me an email by the end of the day with more information. They never email me with more information. It seems the agents can't get a hold of the fulfillment team because they never reply.

Is there anything I can do? I don't want a refund because I bought it for cheap (40% off) and there's no better 2in1 laptop in the price range. My experience with the ThinkPad X1 Yoga has been less than satisfactory because of random reboots due to BSODs.

fattynatty
Blue Screen Again
Views: 305
Message 310 of 315

Canada

I ordered a top-specced X1 Yoga on the 9th - foolishly thinking it'll make it for Christmas.

They've just processed my order and the estimated ship date is 26th Dec!! That's more than two weeks from now!!

Do these estimates change often for you guys? I'm still praying it'll somehow change for the better.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors