Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 386
Message 71 of 225

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2018 edition

UPS will take it to a local Access Point which is likely to be a convenience store (at least here in the UK).

In regards to to delivery date, was the ETA listed correctly when you placed the order? I am in the same boat as you are but might be worse as I might need the laptop to deliver some services for a client. However I won't blame anyone as it's still within the quoted ETA when I placed the order.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 386
Message 72 of 225

@ibsd wrote:

Problem for me is: I had planned on receiving this in May prior to a business trip on June 1st. Since the arrival time is now while I'm away, will the product be sent to a UPS store or left on my porch (hope not)?

In my experience Lenovo always ships "direct signature required" so it won't be left on your porch.

If you sign up for a free UPS My Choice account you can easily redirect a shipment to a UPS store in advance once you have a tracking number - without having to wait for a delivery to fail first.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 381
Message 73 of 225

I reiterate my feedback once again that Lenovo should provide customers the option of selecting other courier companies as UPS may not be the best choice for some.

ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 375
Message 74 of 225

They should provide options for courier.

But more importantly, they should hire more techs to work on the custom builds or find some way to streamline the process without sacrificing quality. I'd pay more for that.

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 369
Message 75 of 225

do you know which country they’re built in? Taiwan?

Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 310
Message 76 of 225

Hey folks thought I'd jump into the fray as well, also a victim of this silly shipping/delivery date switch-a-roo...

Ordered my X1C6 on May 4th with shipping originally scheduled to be this Monday, May 14th and Delivery the following day May 15th, but as of yesterday I'm now looking blankly at Shipping of June 4th and Delivery June 12th. 

I'm on the fence whether I ought to cancel the order or wait...that long. As noted earlier thankfully I'm also not in a rush to get it (still got my functioning P50). Ordered top spec 20KH002HUS. 

I'm praying to the Lenovo God that this changes again to an earlier date after the weekend is up.

-HG

arj1o1
Punch Card
Views: 305
Message 77 of 225

This all sounds afwul, but it's all relative...

The X1C6 that I ordered on March 23 and that got shipped April 10 is still missing.

UPS is searching for more than 3 weeks now (would take 8 business days max.).

I've been in contact with Lenovo everyday since the beginning of the week and everyday they tell me that they hope to get back to me the day after with news about my refund. After hearing this for the fourth time today, I filed an official claim with Paypal to refund my money.

I want the X1C6 badly, so will reorder when I get the refund. With the current shipping estimates, I hope to get the laptop within 3 months after first ordering it...

Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 292
Message 78 of 225

I read the whole thread before I first posted and yeah I'm aware of your situation, I truly hope you get sorted out. Just like you, I'm quite eager to get my hands on the X1C6 but after running simulations in my mind with "what if" scenarios like yours, I'm more leaning towards canceling my order because I do have the devil's luck when it comes to certain things. Thankfully never with packages but still...

On a positive note, CDW has the fully spec'd X1C6 in stock and can ship within 1-2 business days but with a $500-$600 premium as my order $2.9K already includes tax.

Hmm...$600 dollars and I'll have it within 7-10 days or wait a whole month before it even gets shipped? Should I refund? Smiley Indifferent

-HG
Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 285
Message 79 of 225

I thought better of it an decided to pull the plug on the order. Pending confirmation email from Lenovo now.

The delay isn't sitting right with me anymore. Won't take the chance.

Good luck on your order arj1o1, I'll be tracking this thread and praying for your success.

-HG
HTBruceM
SCSI Port
Views: 280
Message 80 of 225

FYI a nicely configured X1 Carbon 6th Gen is currently selling at Costco... On sale $100 off for 2 more days. I think $1499 after the $100 off, for members. They're at some warehouses too.

Top Kudoed Authors