Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 466
Message 81 of 222

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2018 edition

@HTBruceM - yes in the US, not in Canada unfortunately...

In other news, Lenovo already sent confirmation my order has been cancelled Smiley Happy

Was on CDW and discovered their Mississauga and Toronto locations have a total combined stock total of 7 of the top spec'd models! I'll be paying them a visit and if I'm able to, perhaps grab then and there. No waiting Smiley Happy

-HG
BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 459
Message 82 of 222

Are the delays with the models that have the 500 nits Dolby Vision screen? The reason I'm asking is Lenovo are now saying for DV to work the panel needs to be at least 10 bits, however the earlier panels they used were only 8 bits. (if I read this correctly, those customers have been messed up by them).

The delay may be caused by them waiting for parts (the proper LCD panel that is 10 bits).

Just to confirm, existing owners already extracted the EDID to confirm they have the incorrect 8 bit panels.

Therefore, purchasing from Costco etc may not be in your best interest as you'll get the incorrect one Smiley Wink

HTBruceM
Core Memory
Views: 439
Message 83 of 222

The Costco version doesn't have the good display anyway. It comes with the standard 1920 x 1080 non touch display. 

arj1o1
Punch Card
Views: 320
Message 84 of 222

Thanks Haganeme.

It seems that filing an official claim through Paypal did the trick. While UPS still didn't finish their investigation I already got the refund. For those ever in the same situation: don't wait, file a complaint with Paypal - you're a customer of Lenovo, not of UPS and Lenovo should solve the issue behind the scenes with UPS.

Just ordered a new X1C6. Delivery estimate is 3-4 weeks. The good thing about the whole situation though is that I was now able to order one with WWAN.
Haganeme
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 309
Message 85 of 222

@arj1o1 - congrats on the refund mate! Look forward to it, its a great piece of tech.

Believe it or not, I ordered a top spec X1C6 from CDW last Friday and it just arrived mere hour or two ago. Got it fully configured with my daily apps, just need to get my files synced from my NAS and I'm all set.

I can tell you for a fact that the HDR screen is no doubt gorgeous....

To @everyon else, will be happy to answer any questions you have about the unit.

-HG

ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 303
Message 86 of 222

What OS are you running on it? Still hoping it has good FreeBSD compatibility.
ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 299
Message 87 of 222

Also was the delivery date on your invoice accurate in the end?
HTBruceM
Core Memory
Views: 291
Message 88 of 222

@Haganeme

I can tell you for a fact that the HDR screen is no doubt gorgeous....

I would love to have that panel, except that glossy finish would drive me nuts and completely overshadow the improvements. I prefer a matte panel. Sometimes I use it on the patio and the reflections are considerable outside.

I think they get some sort of optical improvements using that glossy panel surface that just isn't possible with the matte finish.

On a related (but off topic) note, I went into Costco yesterday with my polarized sunglasses on, and the LG OLED TV screen became completely BLACK with the glasses on. Turning your head (or just the the glasses) 90 degrees (vertical) resulted in a viewable image. The effects of polarization are quite striking. Reminded me of that infomercial for HD Vision sunglasses - where the eagle becomes visible on the monitor only when it's polarization aligns with how they have polarized their sunglasses.

ibsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 89 of 222

Shipping time adjusted again today.

My invoice was at June 13 arrival time and now is May 29 (great news).

But is this usually accurate when they readjust the time like this? How reliable are the adjusted dates?

aib
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 90 of 222

I know nobody can give me a definitive answer here, but I have a question. I'm planning on ordering a custom E580 tomorrow (May 16). The estimate before it ships is 10-12 days. I live in Toronto. I'm leaving for a business trip in Japan on June 11th. I need the laptop for this trip.

What are my chances of having the laptop delivered on time?

From what I gather, if all goes smoothly, it will arrive in 18 business days, so a few days before I leave.

Top Kudoed Authors