16 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 171 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-20, 21:18 PM

wrote:

wrote:

That sucks.  Mine was ordered the same day, also showed same dates of Aug 12 and Aug 26 but it never showed October. Wonder what the difference would be (lets hope it's not because you got a different size SSD than me).  I'm supposed to get my computer today.

i5, 16GB, 256 SSD, UHD screen, Windows 10 Pro

@shaners et al:

shouldn't we distinguish between preconfigured models/orders versus customized orders?

i am thinking that the preconfigured models might ship out much more quickly than the customized orders.

i ordered on Aug 1st a customized order for:  UHD, 16gb, 1TB, WWAN Fibocom 850, and during the order process, it was 4-5 weeks.  Immediately when the Order Visibility page was populated (roughly 24 hours later), the delivery date was October 16th.

Bait and switch tactic.  Awful business practice.  What a shame.

That's interesting. I had the opposite experience.

Custom config: i7, 256GB, 16GB, UHD. Ordered Aug 17 on Lenovo.com, ship to USA. Pre-order shipping estimate 4-5 weeks.

Order Visibility Portal immediately said:

• Ordered: Aug 17 / Est. Ship: Aug 27 / Est. Arrive: Sep 4

I've been checking every day since the 17th, and dates are still holding true. I keep waiting for it to change after all your stories on here, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Options

8 Posts

08-19-2019

US

16 Signins

234 Page Views

• Message 172 of 271

2019-08-20, 21:32 PM

wrote:

wrote:

That sucks.  Mine was ordered the same day, also showed same dates of Aug 12 and Aug 26 but it never showed October. Wonder what the difference would be (lets hope it's not because you got a different size SSD than me).  I'm supposed to get my computer today.

@shaners et al:

shouldn't we distinguish between preconfigured models/orders versus customized orders?

i am thinking that the preconfigured models might ship out much more quickly than the customized orders.

i ordered on Aug 1st a customized order for:  UHD, 16gb, 1TB, WWAN Fibocom 850, and during the order process, it was 4-5 weeks.  Immediately when the Order Visibility page was populated (roughly 24 hours later), the delivery date was October 16th.

That's interesting. I've had a different experience (so far).

Ordered Aug 17 via Lenovo.com. Ship to USA. Custom config: i7, 16GB, 256GB, UHD. Checkout shipping est. 4-5 weeks.

Immediately on Order Visibility Portal:

• Ordered: Aug 17 / Exp. Ship: Aug 27 / Exp. Arrive: Sep 4

Dates have yet to change - still expecting them to after hearing everyone here. Fingers crossed.

Options

47 Posts

08-20-2019

US

67 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 173 of 271

2019-08-20, 21:53 PM

Heads up, there is definitely some validity to this thread... I didn't even notice until I tried to look for it, but the top speakers definitely do not produce any sound that I can tell:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-7th-gen-speaker-problem/m-p/4507226

Anyone else have sound when they put their ear by the speaker? I tried playing with the Dolby Atmos application for the speakers (including turning off Dolby Atmos), but so far nothin'.

Moderator edit: Moved several subsequents posts on this speaker topic out of the shipping thread to the thread linked to above by .

Options

22 Posts

08-18-2019

US

26 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 174 of 271

2019-08-20, 23:27 PM
Opening the Dolby app and on the Dynamic tab, and you click on the button there, it takes you to their website with a video.
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/speaker-system.html

With that video I can hear the speakers above the keyboard but only on treble parts and very quiet at that.
Options

8 Posts

08-19-2019

US

16 Signins

234 Page Views

• Message 175 of 271

2019-08-20, 23:38 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@shaners et al:

Ordered Aug 17 via Lenovo.com. Ship to USA. Custom config: i7, 16GB, 256GB, UHD. Checkout shipping est. 4-5 weeks.

Dates have yet to change - still expecting them to after hearing everyone here. Fingers crossed.

Well, I spoke too soon. Just checked again:

• Ordered: Aug 17 / Exp. Ship: Sep 16 / Exp. Arrive: Sep 23

That would put Order to Ship at just over 4 weeks. Not thrilled, but within the 4-5 weeks originally estimated.

I have a Dell XPS 13 arriving tomorrow that I had planned on not even opening and just returning after I fell in love with the X1C7. Only thing different spec wise is FHD vs the UHD on the X1C7. I guess I'll give it a test run and see how I like it. Was really looking forward to the UHD screen on the X1C7, but I'm not going to wait forever.

Options

220 Posts

08-14-2012

US

1156 Signins

7063 Page Views

• Views: 7063
  • Message 176 of 271

2019-08-22, 15:18 PM

Dear All:

I placed my X1C7 customized order on 8/1st (USA site) for a UHD, 16gb, 1TB, WWAN Fibocom 850 laptop.

The stated expected delivery date is October 16th!!!  That's a whopping 11 weeks from the order date!

The current stated delivery date for the identical customized specification order is 4-5 weeks, which of course, we all know is an unreliable source for actual delivery time estimates.

I can't decide if i should cancel my order placed on 8/1st and re-order today immediately?  Or might that be worse for  me and result in an even later delivery date?  Again, the estimate on the order page is 4-5 weeks which equates to 9/29th.

Thank you.

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2019

US

24 Signins

174 Page Views

• Views: 174
  • Message 177 of 271

2019-08-22, 15:54 PM

@dualmonitors. Unfortunately you're trying to apply logic to, what we've determined is, an illogical system. Regardless of what anything says, I would probably stick to common sense for this one and keep your original order. If you want you can place another order and just cancel the other when one of them ships too...

Options

8 Posts

08-19-2019

US

16 Signins

234 Page Views

• Message 178 of 271

2019-08-22, 15:59 PM

wrote:

Dear All:

I placed my X1C7 customized order on 8/1st (USA site) for a UHD, 16gb, 1TB, WWAN Fibocom 850 laptop.

The stated expected delivery date is October 16th!!!  That's a whopping 11 weeks from the order date!

The current stated delivery date for the identical customized specification order is 4-5 weeks, which of course, we all know is an unreliable source for actual delivery time estimates.

I can't decide if i should cancel my order placed on 8/1st and re-order today immediately?  Or might that be worse for  me and result in an even later delivery date?  Again, the estimate on the order page is 4-5 weeks which equates to 9/29th.

Thank you.

Only you can decide that. If you need a laptop by a certain date, then that would be a big factor. If you're just wanting an upgrade, then time isnt as big a factor.

Only thing I can say is that while this only came out in June, the Ice Lake/Coffee Lake onslaught is upon us (see Dell yesterday). IMO, you're going to see a ton of 10th Gen refreshes from brands going into Q4/holidays. If you're already pushing mid-Oct on taking delivery, you might be pushing a X1C7 mid-cycle refresh. Given the X1 premium price, it'll be hard for Lenovo to justify top dollar without keeping up.

Options

19 Posts

11-26-2009

US

255 Signins

1014 Page Views

• Views: 1014
  • Message 179 of 271

2019-08-22, 16:33 PM

I ended up canceling my order and went with another maker.  When I did my custom config, the site said 5-7 to ship.  As I changed the config, I could see the dates go up or down.  I ended up submitting a configuration that said 5-7 days.  Like may others, once I entered my Credit Card and pulled the trigger, the confirmation email had a date that was further out.

I called customer service.  They tried to deny that custom configs ship in 5-7 days.  They said they almost always take 2-3 weeks.  I told her I was looking at the site now, and it clearly says 5-7 days.  She basically said that is not reality, and that the date we get in the confirmation email is more realistic.  I asked her why the website says 5-7 days?  She changed the subject instead of answering.  When I pressed the issue, she just asked me what I wanted to do.

I told her I want to deal with a company that has some ethics, and doesn't particpate in bait and switch tactics.  Then I cancelled my order.

Part of the reason I liked the Lenovo was the promise of quick onsite service, or even next day onsite service.  But if they bait/switch on the delivery dates of the laptop, how do I know they won't pull the same crap when I need service and am dead in the water?  Oh sorry, we cant get on-site to repair your laptop for 2-3 weeks...

Options

19 Posts

07-25-2019

CA

35 Signins

408 Page Views

• Views: 408
  • Message 180 of 271

2019-08-22, 16:40 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@shaners et al:

Well, I spoke too soon. Just checked again:

• Ordered: Aug 17 / Exp. Ship: Sep 16 / Exp. Arrive: Sep 23

That would put Order to Ship at just over 4 weeks. Not thrilled, but within the 4-5 weeks originally estimated.

I have a Dell XPS 13 arriving tomorrow that I had planned on not even opening and just returning after I fell in love with the X1C7. Only thing different spec wise is FHD vs the UHD on the X1C7. I guess I'll give it a test run and see how I like it. Was really looking forward to the UHD screen on the X1C7, but I'm not going to wait forever.

Just out of curiosity. How long it took to ship XPS 13 after placing the order?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete