English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

08-27-2019

US

13 Signins

178 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎08-27-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 178
  • Message 211 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 11:42 AM

My order cleared customs and expected delivery is 9/3.

 

Yes, my order has the UHD option.

 

ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2

 

Configuration Details
● Intel® Core™ i7-9750H
● Windows 10 Pro 64 English
● Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
● 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
● 1TB Solid State Drive, M.2 PCIe-NVMe
● 15.6" UHD (3840 x 2160) 500 nits, IPS, anti-glare with Dolby Vision™ HDR 400 with IR & 720p HD Camera
● NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Max-Q 4GB
● 15.6" UHD (3840x2160), IPS, Anti-glare, 500nits, No touch, IR-Camera, Mic

 

Regards--------

Reply
Options

220 Posts

08-14-2012

US

1156 Signins

7063 Page Views

  • Posts: 220
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2012
  • Location: US
  • Views: 7063
  • Message 212 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 14:07 PM

@TheLevelOne:

 

i don't understand.  why would your X1C7 have an NVIDIA video card in it?

 

is your model the X1 Carbon 7th Generation?

 

thank you in advance.

Reply
Options

5 Posts

08-27-2019

US

13 Signins

178 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎08-27-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 178
  • Message 213 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 14:26 PM

 wrote:

@TheLevelOne:

 

i don't understand.  why would your X1C7 have an NVIDIA video card in it?

 

is your model the X1 Carbon 7th Generation?

 

thank you in advance.


Sorry, the original thread I replied to ( Re: X1 Extreme Gen 2 - Shipping Delays Daily?? ) was moved/merged by the forum's moderator(s).

 

I have corrected my config to reflect it is a X1 Extreme Gen 2.

 

Reply
Options

51 Posts

07-16-2019

GB

93 Signins

384 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎07-16-2019
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 384
  • Message 214 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 14:31 PM

 wrote:

 wrote:

@TheLevelOne:

 

i don't understand.  why would your X1C7 have an NVIDIA video card in it?

 

is your model the X1 Carbon 7th Generation?

 

thank you in advance.


Sorry, the original thread I replied to ( Re: X1 Extreme Gen 2 - Shipping Delays Daily?? ) was moved/merged by the forum's moderator(s).

 

I have corrected my config to reflect it is a X1 Extreme Gen 2.

 


In the UK they are still not showing the x1e 2nd gen  but then again the 1st gen literally just came out 3months ago.

Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-28-2019

US

3 Signins

56 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 56
  • Message 215 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 16:27 PM

I bought a X1 Carbon Gen 7 on July 27th. The order was supposed to ship on September 9th which is a delay of 6 weeks and now its been pushed back another week. It was a custom configuration with UHD screen. The customer service has been very unresponsive so far. Anybody else facing a delay like this? Have you been able to reach out to anybody in customer service that was helpful?

Reply
Options

47 Posts

08-20-2019

US

67 Signins

494 Page Views

  • Posts: 47
  • Registered: ‎08-20-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 494
  • Message 216 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 16:33 PM

 wrote:

I bought a X1 Carbon Gen 7 on July 27th. The order was supposed to ship on September 9th which is a delay of 6 weeks and now its been pushed back another week. It was a custom configuration with UHD screen. The customer service has been very unresponsive so far. Anybody else facing a delay like this? Have you been able to reach out to anybody in customer service that was helpful?


That seems odd, I ordered mine on Aug 4th and received it a couple weeks ago, also with UHD screen. I know there was speculation that the UHD screen was the primary agitator for the delays, but I'm not sure that's supported. I ordered:

i5 8265u

16gb RAM

256gb SSD

4K UHD Screen

 

Ordered Aug 4th, Shipped Aug 9th, arrived Aug 15th (I think, somewhere near there, I posted it some pages back).

Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-28-2019

US

3 Signins

56 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 56
  • Message 217 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 16:49 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, CarbonUser. Here are my specs:

i7-8665U
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
4k UHD Screen
WWAN

Did you have WWAN?
Reply
Options

47 Posts

08-20-2019

US

67 Signins

494 Page Views

  • Posts: 47
  • Registered: ‎08-20-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 494
  • Message 218 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-28, 16:50 PM

 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, CarbonUser. Here are my specs:

i7-8665U
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
4k UHD Screen
WWAN

Did you have WWAN?

No I did not. I took the default config, added the RAM and the screen and that was it.

Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-28-2019

US

3 Signins

56 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 56
  • Message 219 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-29, 2:00 AM

CarbonUser, Thanks. I contacted Lenovo Customer Support about my issue for the 4th time and they were just terrible. No explanation on the hold up, resolution or apology was offered. There is no escalation path either. Frustrated with this treatment, I requested cancelation of my order. I do not want to deal with their horrible customer service to RMA / Return the machine if it is ever delivered. I am taking my business elsewhere. Lenovo lost a 10+ year customer.

 

P.S.: The 4k UHD screens are not the hold ups. I suspect the highend i7 chips are the bigger hold up.

Reply
Options

47 Posts

08-20-2019

US

67 Signins

494 Page Views

  • Posts: 47
  • Registered: ‎08-20-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 494
  • Message 220 of 271

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

2019-08-29, 2:16 AM

 wrote:

CarbonUser, Thanks. I contacted Lenovo Customer Support about my issue for the 4th time and they were just terrible. No explanation on the hold up, resolution or apology was offered. There is no escalation path either. Frustrated with this treatment, I requested cancelation of my order. I do not want to deal with their horrible customer service to RMA / Return the machine if it is ever delivered. I am taking my business elsewhere. Lenovo lost a 10+ year customer.

 

P.S.: The 4k UHD screens are not the hold ups. I suspect the highend i7 chips are the bigger hold up.


I can get your point of view. Unfortunate because it is actually a fairly nice machine, I only have a few gripes. It would be ideal if there were none, obviously, but I don't think that's realistic for any product.

 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete