Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jn91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,368
Message 231 of 253

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Decided to chime in with my own experience so far. First time Lenovo customer. I ordered an X1 Carbon Gen 7 (preconfigured, part number 20QD001WUS) on October 3. It was estimated to ship on October 16 and arrive on October 18. I was a little taken aback at the estimate; the laptop is for work, and I was eager to get up and running as soon as possible (which is the main reason I opted for a preconfigured one). I decided Lenovo was probably just being conservative in their shipping estimates, and that while I could get a Dell XPS much more quickly, the difference in quality would be worth it.

October 16 came and went; no updates to the order status page. I called support the next day and was told that it was in stock, that the person helping me would reach out to the shipping center to handle the situation, and that they would get back to me the next day. Didn't hear from anyone the next day. Today (October 21), I called again and was told that they still hadn't gotten a response from the shipping center, which is why they haven't emailed me yet.

I don't mind waiting a little longer, but being left in the dark as to what's going on with my order isn't cool. The support staff seem great, but it sounds like they also don't have enough visibility into what's happening behind the scenes.

Update October 22: I received an email from customer support that they still haven't gotten a response from the shipping center.

Tommaeh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,240
Message 232 of 253

Hey all,

after hitting the buy button on September 27th and getting that awful email on October 8th about the "unknown delivery date", today I got my shipping confirmation.

I have the following configuration: x1 extreme with i7-9750, 32GB, 1TB, OLED

Hoping you guys are getting your soon as well Smiley Happy

gumush
Paper Tape
Views: 1,159
Message 233 of 253

Re: Delay for ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen2 20QVCTO1WW

Update on today , i habe got an email from lenovo , my thinkpad has been shipped today ( from chine to us with ups )
But 1st october 26th october shipped
bas1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,086
Message 234 of 253

X1C7, base model with regular screen costumized to 16GB memory.

Ordered Oct 7th, original shipping estimate Oct 8, then 15th, then 21, then 25th. Now expected to ship Jan 31st 2020.

jn91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,039
Message 235 of 253

I have an update on my situation. My order status updated around October 25, indicating that my X1C7 should ship around October 28 and arrive October 30. UPS tracking number became available October 26, and the package should arrive tomorrow, October 29.

So in summary: I placed an order for a stock X1C on October 3, with an estimated ship date of October 16 and arrival date of October 18. The ship date passed, and I didn't receive any updates until almost 10 days later. So it's been almost a month since I ordered, but at least it's coming in now.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 979
Message 236 of 253

Another grumpy post: before ordering the page said "ships in 1-3 business days". A few minutes later after ordering, the confirmation page shows an estimated ship date that is 6 business days after the order. A few days late is not the end of the world, but it immediately makes a terrible impression on customers. Lenovo, PLEASE FIX YOUR SHIPPING TIME PROJECTIONS. 

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 678
Message 237 of 253

I contacted a chat rep about my delayed (as in "no shipping estimate available anymore") outlet order. I was told the rep would contact the fulfillment team. The response I got at the end of the day was yet another disappointment. 

"Thank you for contacting Lenovo. We value our customer's input and we appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us. In regards to your recent inquiry regarding your order xxxxxxxxxx, currently we haven't receive updates yet from our focal team. Will keep you posted as soon as we get updates"

This is from a support center in the Philippines it seems. Is the message even real, or just a script to stall? Tell the customer they'll get an update to get them off the chat, and then email them saying there's no new info? Genius.. Or maybe I'm getting too cynical.

so to summarize, Lenovo gave a lowball ship date, changed the ship date immediately after receiving the order, waited a full week and then charged my CC on the projected ship date, didn't actually ship, then grayed out ship date and delivery estimate, and now can't tell me anything. 

Below is a screenshot from Nov 6. Pretty depressing.

order

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 633
Message 238 of 253

May I ask if anyone has ordered the top of the line X1C7 pre-configured option?  this is the option that is farthest to the right when you see those columns of various models (Part Number:  20R10015US).

I just ordered and it said 1-3 days for delivery and the phone order guy said it is close to the stated 1-3 days.  he also said it is coming from North Carolina.

i'm concerned because of the various posters here on this thread, i.e. joesixgig, who said his has been repeatedly delayed.  however, i don't know which exact model/configuration he or others ordered.

thanks in advance.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 615
Message 239 of 253

@dualmonitors wrote:

I'm concerned because of the various posters here on this thread, i.e. joesixgig, who said his has been repeated delayed.  however, i don't know which exact model/configuration he or others ordered.

Mine is an X1 tablet, ordered from the Lenovo Outlet. That's a completely different shopping experience than buying brand new from the main Lenovo.com site, so don't worry about my predicament. Smiley Happy 

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 691
Message 240 of 253

thanks joesixgig.  i didn't know.

this so-called "shipping thread" is very confusing.  people don't state what model they are ordering before diving into the nitty gritty.

i think for each post regarding a situation, it would really help the reader differentiate between categories if the poster would first state what model they are ordering.  

May I ask if anyone has ordered the top of the line X1C7 pre-configured option?  this is the option that is farthest to the right when you see those columns of various models (Part Number:  20R10015US).

I just ordered and it said 1-3 days for delivery and the phone order guy said it is close to the stated 1-3 days.  he also said it is coming from North Carolina.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors