Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mynameistaken
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,012
Message 1 of 224

ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Let me continue the annual tradition of shipping threads!

Copied from 2018 Shipping Thread,  here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• How to get a system fast: Buy an in-stock standard configuration from Lenovo or a Lenovo Partner in your area. Customized systems take longer.
  • Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
  • Lenovo will not bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

---

My shipping story

Recently bought a Lenovo thinkpad X1 extreme, still waiting for it to ship. Bought it on the 23rd of January with i7 8th gen processor and 16 gigs of ram. Expected shipping on Febuary 2nd.

UPDATE:

Started shipping today from Kunshan, China using UPS worldwide. Expected arrival on the 5th. I am surprised it shipped so early since there were lots of people complaining about lenovo shipping times.

SR14626
Core Memory
Views: 8,916
Message 2 of 224

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

One thing that bugged me was that they charged me twice for a pending one system purchase.  They didn’t charge me at all for the first five days so I thought something was wrong and tried to cancel my order, but that failed.  Then all of a sudden I noticed my credit card was charged twice for the 1 pending order.  I called Lenovo and they said the two pending amounts from my credit card is normal, which did not make any sense whatsoever.  This was on a build to order.   Now I have to wait a few days they told me and everything will be straightened out.   It will take about three weeks from the build to order date to get my computer if anybody wants to know. 

1st est on shipping.  Purchase date Jan 19th.  EST date to ship 30th.  EST date of arrival Feb 6th

2nd est date.   Received an email indicating they had a speedbump for me and that the delivery will be within another 30 days. Go figure.

Today, 31st,  I got another email indicating my system will arrive tomorrow Friday. This is really goofy now but a good way. 

Got another email, now arrival date is Tuesday, the following week.   This is now getting ridiculous. 

INU000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,867
Message 3 of 224

Ordered a custom X1C 6 Gen on Jan 15. 

Initial estimate for shipping was Jan 23, arrival Jan 30. Then dates changed back and forth.

Received an email on Jan 24 saying that shippment was delayed and would be shipped out within next 30 days...

Finally, shipped on Jan 28, eta Feb 1st. 

—update Jan 31: UPS etimate delivery changed to Feb 5. Could be because of the extrem cold weather in my area.

BTW payment also confused me as lenovo cancel authorization on my card after shipping out the laptop. But I'm sure they will charge me later. 

INU000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,725
Message 4 of 224

Update 2/1/2019

Surprise surprise!!! X1C arrived today as UPS initially estimated. Super fast shipping within the US considering it only arrived at Alaska on 1/31 evening. 

mynameistaken
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,657
Message 5 of 224

UPDATE:

Great..... My delivery date got postponed from the 5th to the 6th and then to the 7th.... Really disappointed.

SR14626
Core Memory
Views: 8,630
Message 6 of 224

Mine showed up finally after receiving one delay after another and guess what, it arrived earlier than they told me it would. The delivery dates moved around so much it was confusing. But in the end it did arrive in good shape and I’m very pleased with it. 

drhaller
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,606
Message 7 of 224

Hi,

My order was placed on January 26th.  I then received a shipping e-mail on January 31st.  Highlights of my order:

• Processor : 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8400H vPro 4 Core Processor (2.50GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64
  • Display : 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare, 300nits
  • Memory : 32 GB DDR4 2666MHz
  • First Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive PCIe-NVMe OPAL2.0 M.2

Glad I did order when I did as I now see that systems with 32GB modules are now causing a message "Ships in 4-5 weeks" to be shown in the configuration builder.

It seems that my laptop took a two-day vacation in Shanghai before making its journey to Canada.

x1-extreme-ups.png

Looking forward to the next update.

/dan

great_filter
What's DOS?
Views: 8,093
Message 8 of 224

Ordered latest X1 Extreme on 13 February. Original shipping date 7 business days. Got an email on 20 February that the new estimate is 5 March.

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 7,899
Message 9 of 224

@drhaller:

thanks for the info/update.

may i please ask what model your laptop is?  is it the X1 Carbon 7th gen (2019), or...?

there was no pre-order even on Lenovo's site for the new 2019 X1 Carbon 7th gen when i looked just now!  all they have are the X1C 6th gen.

drhaller
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,885
Message 10 of 224

My laptop was an X1 Extreme.

This device has been subsequently RMA'd for a full refund with Lenovo.  The laptop worked just fine for a few days and then the Lenovo Thunderbolt Workstation Dock arrived... together things worked well for 4 days with my old school VGA and DVI monitors (dongles from Lenovo) but then stopped working altogether after a complete power up one day.  Strangely, the dock would still work for Ethernet and my  USB devices (keyboard/mouse) but the display portion would not.  The laptop when plugged directly into my QNAP TB3 NAS was also no longer recognized.  A complete reset of the laptop provided no relief.  Support was useless to debug - there are no TB3 diagnostic tools - and I was not interested in getting both devices swapped out.  Going the route of an Apple MBP 15" now.

/dan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors