Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taramis
Punch Card
Views: 977
Message 91 of 224

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Well the Razer 240Hz gaming laptop is 15", over £3000 and literally twice the weight. If you want it for gaming thats fair enough,  but I dont game on my laptops. Also kinda pointless having a 240hz 4K display as you'll never get 240 fps on latest games in 4k.

I agree this Thinkpad is not cheap. I was able to buy it before they've raised the price and had a 10% coupon code, even like that it was Macbook Pro price, but on top of the functionality having the X1C is about vanity. There are cheaper thinkpads with same or similar features and specs for fraction of the price, they are not as flashy as an X1C Smiley Happy

Edward_USA
Punch Card
Views: 950
Message 92 of 224

They raised the prices on these recently? When did they do that? 

I bought my laptop on 15th July, did I pay the increased price? 

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 943
Message 93 of 224

@Edward_USA wrote:

They raised the prices on these recently? When did they do that? 

I bought my laptop on 15th July, did I pay the increased price? 

I'm not sure if this happend on the US store, but in the UK one around the 5th of July there was a price change across the board, around +£150.

Vadrigar
Punch Card
Views: 865
Message 94 of 224

Looks like I'am also part of the waiting club now Smiley Indifferent

Ordered a custom X1 Extreme (to Germany) at July 19th at Lenovo.com since the discounts for the 1st gen machines are quite considerable at the moment and it made a huge impact going from formerly over 3k euros to just above 2k. Also the possibilty of choosing US keyboard layout is nice (I've read that the one labeled 'Englisch (EU)' is an US international layout, which seems a bit odd, but I gave it a shot).

Shipping date for my machine is estimated between August 2nd and 3rd, so fingers crossed. If all works out and the machine is shipped by then I consider myself lucky since the deal was too good to pass up.

I really hope all the bad stuff I've read about shipping times and bad service is just a loud minority and the overall majority of orders works without issues, but who knows.

Anyway, best luck to anyone who is waiting with me and I'll keep my order history updated since I haven't found much information about orders from Germany.

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 853
Message 95 of 224

May I ask if anyone from any country was able to customize and order with the WWAN option of Fibocom L860?

Here in the US, the only option is the Fibocom L850.  the 860 has not yet made an appearance.

I am hoping for the MIMO 2x2 extra antenna features with the Fibocom L860 so I'm still holding out for now before ordering.  Once the 860 shows up in the WWAN options, I will customize and order.

Hoping that asking this question here, someone from one of the many countries might have already seen and have been able to order the X1C7 with the Fibocom 860.

Thank you in advance.

Edward_USA
Punch Card
Views: 692
Message 96 of 224

@taramis wrote:

@Edward_USA wrote:

Good point after looking at other notebooks I dont see any that would be as light weight and offer the wwan 4g option. One of the reasons I wanted this carbon x1 is because lugging a 5lbs notebook is just too heavy and gets annoying.

Looks like Im going to just stick with this at this point.

I also know they will keep pushing up the date probably to september.

What spec did you order? I went for 4K display, i7-8665U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WWAN, NFC and they've just shipped it, so I'd imagine they'll start pumping out 4K ones pretty fast now.

Hi, I was wondering about your order. Why did you go with the 8665U CPU? Did you really need the VPRO and did you really think it was worth the extra cost over the 8565U?

What is NFC?

Are you  not worried about the 4K screen causing glare from being glossy or the fact that most people say you will not see any difference between 4K and 1080p on a 14" screen?

Anyway, please update when you also get the 4K screen and how you like it. You really ordered everything to the max on this one. I assume you must be making lots of money? 

dpazz
Punch Card
Views: 644
Message 97 of 224

You will definitely be able to tell between 1080p and 4K, even on a 14". I can tell even on a 13" display.

Can we keep the discussion on topic please - about shipping.

dpazz
Punch Card
Views: 624
Message 98 of 224

I've just received a notification of shipping for my order. It was scheduled for 31/07/2019 so 8 days early.

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 604
Message 99 of 224

My package is finally moving, after spending 3 days seemingly doing nothing in Shanghai. Quite frustrating these last few days. UPS still predicts Friday delivery, but I'm hopeful they'll bring it Thursday.

Edward_USA:

I just maxed it out, why not, company pays for it. I already have a Macbook Pro so the FHD display would be a setback, if I already have to use windows then might as well do it in style. NFC is the same thing, I dont need it, yet, but may be good to have and definitely worth £10, Google it.

All my macs are glossy screen, no issue with reflection, our office is not super bright and use my laptop a lot at home overnight. I guess it depends on your enviroment. I will post a "mini review" in the "ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen X1C7 - first look" thread once I've got it, as others stated this is not the right place for that.

Vadrigar
Punch Card
Views: 559
Message 100 of 224

Congrats to the people who got their packet moving.

I received my TB3 workstation dock today but as expected I also got an E-Mail today saying the laptop is delayed to 07/08/19 and I have the feeling it won't stay there.

I'am a bit in a conflict right now, on the one hand it seems impossible to get an Thinkpad X1 Extreme with US keyboard (at least if Englisch (EU) means US intl.)  here in Germany by any other means and the price was quite good, on the other they are now approaching delivery times I don't find acceptable anymore.

The XPS 15 doesn't seem to be a bad laptop and has comparable specs and I doubt it will take >3 weeks to ship it, custom configuration or not...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors