Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steenberger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,962
Message 221 of 252

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Laptop finally shipped 9/3 after I spoke with Lenovo NC and they agreed to provide a rebate due to the amount of daily delays. Now I'm stuck in customs hell I think?

In Transit09/10/2019 12:51 A.M.Louisville, KY, United States

Import Scan

09/08/2019 11:36 A.M.Louisville, KY, United StatesImport Scan
  09/06/2019 12:01 P.M.Louisville, KY, United StatesImport Scan
  09/05/2019 8:46 A.M.Louisville, KY, United StatesArrival Scan
  09/04/2019 11:38 P.M.Anchorage, AK, United StatesDeparture Scan
  09/04/2019 10:57 P.M.Louisville, KY, United StatesYour package will be held at a warehouse until it is released by the clearance agency.
  09/04/2019 1:49 P.M.Anchorage, AK, United StatesArrival Scan
  09/04/2019 9:58 P.M.Shanghai, ChinaDeparture Scan
  09/04/2019 9:00 A.M.-Additional documentation is required for clearance. We're working to obtain this information.
  09/04/2019 3:31 P.M.Shanghai, ChinaExport Scan

How many import scans is this package going to receive? It was supposed to be delivered yesterday (9/9), but now UPS says a delivery for today (9/10) that I doubt they will make.

Ugh.

RichardCasto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,953
Message 222 of 252

I noticed over the weekend that the shipping date had moved up again to Monday 9/9. And it did ship yesterday. ETA (via UPS) is this Friday 9/13. I am happy that updated dates are in my favor. Smiley Happy

Richard

@RichardCasto wrote:

Estimated shipping and delivery dates have slightly improved to 9/12 and 9/18 respectively.

Richard

@RichardCasto wrote:

I ordered a customized X1EG2 on 8/18. Initial estimate for receiption during order/configuratioon was sometime within the first week or two weeks of September (I think maybe 9/6?)  But after order was finalized, the dates were quickly adjusted to estimates of 9/16 for shipping and 9/20 for delivery.

RichardCasto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,714
Message 223 of 252

Laptop showed up today.

Richard

@RichardCasto wrote:

I noticed over the weekend that the shipping date had moved up again to Monday 9/9. And it did ship yesterday. ETA (via UPS) is this Friday 9/13. I am happy that updated dates are in my favor. Smiley Happy

Richard

@RichardCasto wrote:

Estimated shipping and delivery dates have slightly improved to 9/12 and 9/18 respectively.

Richard

@RichardCasto wrote:

I ordered a customized X1EG2 on 8/18. Initial estimate for receiption during order/configuratioon was sometime within the first week or two weeks of September (I think maybe 9/6?)  But after order was finalized, the dates were quickly adjusted to estimates of 9/16 for shipping and 9/20 for delivery.

8bit_barbarian
Paper Tape
Views: 1,672
Message 224 of 252

@8bit_barbarian wrote:

Ordered an X1 Yoga 4th Gen - one of the stock ones and it shipped quick enough.

Got the package and it was some IdeaPad so totally wrong laptop.

Trying it again and I'll see what I get.

2nd time worked and I got the X1Y4 I originally ordered.  

Soooo much nicer unboxing experience this time and I appreciate the extra details of the packaging.

I haven't gotten confirmation of delivery for the wrong laptop I shipped back.  I suppose that could still be some drama.

Otherwise I'm happily on to the learning curve of my elegant new computing machine!

BenzilLobo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 225 of 252

I’ve got an order out for a X1 extreme with a 4K screen and the hexacore CPU. During ordering, the ship date estimate was the 13th. Then with the order placed it was the 20th. Check today and now it’s the 30th. They don’t give me any emails about this - I have to manually visit the site to check.

Is this common? I’m seriously thinking of just cancelling the order. If they can’t handle getting me something I ordered (or at least telling me it’s delayed), they’re going to be worse repairing it should that need arise.

Moderator note: post merged from IdeaPad B & G forum.  Subject edited to match thread.  Was:  Shipping delays, lack of communication?

Brain2Cloud
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,316
Message 226 of 252

Hi!

Any news regarding the X1 Extreme Edition 2 (20129) modell?

I have paid via PayPal, got a delivery date. (14.09.)

Now - on the 13.09. - i got following:

"Thank you for your order. At this time we have no information when the shipment will happen, best regards Digital River".

To be honest this is the 3rd time i order a Lenovo Notebook this year and this happens every time.

Its very upsetting because Lenovo got already 2.700 Euros from me.

Best regards

Axel

Moderator note: post merged from General Discussion forum.  Subject edited to match thread.  Was:  Delivery Time for Thinkpad Extreme Edition 2019

thomasharris
Paper Tape
Views: 1,131
Message 227 of 252

Purchased an X1E2 with the 4K IPS screen in the UK on 20th August.

Delayed on 22nd August, estimated shipping date is now 16th September.

Delayed again on 6th September, with no estimated shipping date provided.

Delayed again on 24th September, estimated shipping date is now 30th September.

Phone calls get nowhere - at one point they said the delay was due to a motherboard shortage, but that was resolved, so now it's either the 4K screen or they're just not building it.

In this time, they have reduced the price on the laptop, which means I am overpaying by £250. They can't find the screenshot of the pricing changes (which I have sent over twice now) and declined to give a direct email address. I spoke with a supervisor yesterday who said they'd give me a 5% discount, which I appreciate, but that would still leave me overpaying for the machine.

They also said the support ticket, which enquired as to the cause of the delay, cannot be accessed at the moment because they're migrating their support ticket system.

How much longer will this go on? They've since taken the 4K IPS option off the UK store and put the 4K OLED model up, which would indicate that the 4K IPS screen is the cause of the delay.

PeterWright
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 228 of 252

After reading all the complaints I was happily surprised when my ThinkPad X1 carbon arrived two days early.  5 days from order to delivery.  

skravcenko
Fanfold Paper
Views: 732
Message 229 of 252

Delivery delay for ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen2 20QVCT

Hi All,

Quite disappointed with the email I've received couple of days ago, placed an order on highly spec laptop on 27th of September, ordered and processed online with my debit card, then a 2days earlier they are sending me this message:

Dear Sergejs Kravcenko, 

We are contacting you in relation to the order 10177473239 you recently placed on the Lenovo Online Store.

Unfortunately, the manufacturing / fulfillment of the following product Notebook ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen2 20QVCT was delayed. 

We are currently awaiting confirmation of an estimated ship date to provide you with, once confirmed, we will be notify you via email. 

Please note that if you have placed your order using a credit card, you will only be charged when the product has shipped. An authorization for the charge might be already visible on the statement. If you have selected wire transfer or PayPal as a payment method, payment has already been processed and no additional charge will be required.

We regret any inconvenience this delay may have caused and assure you that we are working hard to remedy the situation. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at:

So the question is, what is the reason behind that? I really need the machine asap, also what that means they don't know the shipment day?

gumush
Paper Tape
Views: 413
Message 230 of 252

Delay for ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen2 20QVCTO1WW

I ordered on 1st october and it' showed 15 october shipping date but it delay few days ago and it show 31th october Smiley Sad 

( I9 4K Touch OLED version ) 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors