Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nutter1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,398
Message 241 of 253

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

UK Website

Ordered X1 Extreme G2 (i9, OLED) on the 25th October. On 5th November I got an email saying it will be shipped on the 21st December.

The website is still saying shipping in less than 7 days for the same configuration.

WHY ARE YOU LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!?

Lenovo.PNG

drjochen
Punch Card
Views: 1,387
Message 242 of 253

I ordered a bare bone ready to ship X1 Carbon that was advertised as ready to ship two days ago. 
Immediately after the order was confirmed, the shipping date went to November 13 with an arrival date of November 21. That's over 2 weeks for a ready to ship model. This seems to be a standard scam that Lenovo is running these days. Promise days and as soon as you order it push the dates back. 

ytaimaishu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,322
Message 243 of 253

I was excited for this laptop, but after seeing their bizzare business operations even if it's a good product they seem really unorganized. I'm going to move on to another laptop. I'll order it, and it will show up. No strange backend drama like this, or awkward "rollouts" of new prodcuts. I'm sure they have great prodcuts, but this is all a bit much.

I think what's most unfortunate is I've never owned a Lenovo before, and I was ready to transition. I think companies should be careful and figure out to how run properly. It's not like I think I'm some grand customer, and without me their business will crumble. Far from it. Still, where there's one there's usually more. As a business it's too bad, because I was truly excited for this but now I want nothing to do with it. If something as simple as buying a laptop can't be accomplished, I shutter to think of what would happen if I had to repair, ask questions, or get anything else done. It's not the end of the world to me, just a little dissapointed because I was ready to try out their products.

Best of luck to everyone, hope things work out soon. 

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 1,294
Message 244 of 253

@ytaimaishu:

i think, most likely, it is that one ought to stick to their pre-configured models.

their pre-configured models often ship out with realistic dates.

it's their customize models that are unfathomably late.

that all said, it is not right, no matter pre-configured or customized, to give customers unrealistic dates.

one must manage expectations by giving out true, honest, realistic deliverable dates.  period.

just good, common business sense.

BorisD
Punch Card
Views: 1,170
Message 245 of 253

@dualmonitors wrote:

@ytaimaishu:

i think, most likely, it is that one ought to stick to their pre-configured models.

their pre-configured models often ship out with realistic dates.

it's their customize models that are unfathomably late.

that all said, it is not right, no matter pre-configured or customized, to give customers unrealistic dates.

one must manage expectations by giving out true, honest, realistic deliverable dates.  period.

just good, common business sense.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. I ordered a preconfigured Yoga gen 4, which was advertised as 1-3 business days shipping. It took a month to be shipped. I think there are lots of examples here where people ordered preconfigured laptops, and waited for month or longer for delivery. Whereas with other brands you receive the laptop within advertised dates, maybe there is a day or two delays.

If they advertised honestly, and showed the actual delivery dates I think they would lose a large number of customers.

I really like the quality of the laptop, but unless something changes with their shipping process, I will be looking for other brands next time around I buy laptop. but again, I am just drop in the bucket so nothing will change.

nutter1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,038
Message 246 of 253

Following up from my original order 25 Oct 2019 (X1E G2, i9, OLED)

The price has just dropped another 5%

I called in for a price match and they asked me to send in my evidence. I hope they provide this. However, when I asked for the ETA Shipping date, they said it is 31 Jan 2020 - it's slipped by another month! Yet the website is still showing 7 days estimated shipping.

Prlwytzkofski
What's DOS?
Views: 891
Message 247 of 253

Hi,

I want to buy a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 with an multitouch screen, i7, 16 gigs of ram and 1tb drive, but I'm a bit put off by the shipping dates. It says over 4 weeks. But I'm reading on the forums that there are problems with the shipping system. Can anyone specify over 4 weeks a bit more?

Thanks in advance!

nutter1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 870
Message 248 of 253

Just don't add the pen - for some reason they won't ship it without the pen, even though they have been shipping everything else one by one. I've received two packages to date, one for the power bank and one for the soft case.

I'm trying to get them ship it without the pen and refund me the pen. But support said they would try and I will need to call back in three days to see if that works.

If I cancel the whole order and order another one, I will join the back of the queue - which I do not want to do since I have been waiting close to a month already. Also it is now more expensive than when I ordered it.

Here is the email I received:

--------

Lenovo offers a wide range of products and accepts only the highest quality from suppliers. For this reason, a shortage of components can influence your shipping date after your order has been placed. Unfortunately, fulfilment of your “Notebook ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen2 20QVCT” has been delayed, as the Active Pen as part of your laptop is currently not available and a separate shipment of the item is not possible.

Your new estimated shipping date is: 31.01.2020

Rest assured that the Lenovo factory is working hard to expedite your shipment. We regret any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Considering cancelling and ordering a device without pen?

Please, we recommend contacting the Lenovo TeleSales team who can suggest the most suitable alternative product at the best price. To chat with the TeleSales team, please click here. They are also available by phone at: 00441256 774577 (Please press #1 for Sales, Monday – Thursday: 07:00 AM – 18:00 PM, Friday: 07:00 AM – 16:00 PM).

You are of course welcome to contact our Digital River Customer Service Team if you have any concerns by replying to this email or by calling 00441256 774577 (Please press #2 for Post Sales and press #2 again for Customer Service, 24/7).

Kind Regards, 

bunta77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 249 of 253

Ordered
November 21, 2019

Expected to Ship
December 19, 2019                                   

Expected to Arrive
December 27, 2019

Aint this some boo**bleep**. A month to get a laptop. smh
Runnerrr
What's DOS?
Views: 383
Message 250 of 253

I placed an order for X390 yoga .. i7 8565, 16 g , 512 g.....two days ago

just received the tracking number a few hours ago... it shows that my ordered is shipped from Greensboro,NC ..

why ? Everybody else gets his/ her order shipped from China . Are the products from Greensboro inferior ? Refurbished? I ordered a new lap ! I would never buy a used one regardless of price ! 

plz advise ... thank you 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors