Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClarePenn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,866
Message 41 of 177

X1 Carbon GEN-7 shipping

Has anyone received a shipping confirmation on this new machine and if so will you please share order date, ship date, model.

I ordered the stock-built computer with FHD display and 16 GB memory on the day of release, June 19, and now my estimated delivery is one month from June 19 despite that they are offering 'same day shipping' for new orders and have been for a few days.  The original estimated ship time was 5-7 days. 

Call the sales number and they will sell you that computer today for 'same day shipping' but when I asked the rep to double-check she said oh, no, sorry, there are no computers in stock, that they were probably 'oversold' or 'waiting for parts'.

Thank you kindly for helping bring some clarity to this situation.

kclark
Paper Tape
Views: 1,863
Message 42 of 177

Re: X1 Carbon GEN-7 shipping

Hello I recieved verification of shipping. Tracking through UPS says I should recieve my device on Monday! I am super excited! I didnt have any of the super upgrades and ordered the standard model priced at 1499. I hope this helps!

ClarePenn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,859
Message 43 of 177

Thank you!
X1Andy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,687
Message 44 of 177

X1 Carbon 7th Gen UHD screen.

Order on June 28 from Japan store.

It says I ordered on June 27, will be shipped on July 6, will arrive July 12.

X1Andy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,519
Message 45 of 177

Update:

Shipping date has been pushed back to July 12, arrival date to July 22

DrTed1
Punch Card
Views: 1,547
Message 46 of 177

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen X1C7 - first look

Has anyone experienced shipping delays.  I ordered the X1 7th Generation on July 1st.  Shipping was stated as 7-10days.  By July 2nd the “Expected to Ship” date under “Order Status” changed to July 22nd, yet the Lenovo website still states 5-7 days.  Thanks 

dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 1,479
Message 47 of 177

@DrTed1 wrote:

Has anyone experienced shipping delays.  I ordered the X1 7th Generation on July 1st.  Shipping was stated as 7-10days.  By July 2nd the “Expected to Ship” date under “Order Status” changed to July 22nd, yet the Lenovo website still states 5-7 days.  Thanks 

@DrTed1:   it's akin to a form of bait and switch.  Lure them in to buy now and tell them delivery is very soon.  Only AFTER they ordered, and we have their money, then we tell them "...oh, oops, the delivery date is actually MORE THAN DOUBLE the original longest delivery date of 10 days, i.e. 22 days!

Unethical.

Carnacki
Punch Card
Views: 1,301
Message 48 of 177

Right, pulled the trigger. I was going to wait a couple of weeks as I'm travelling, but I got a 10% coupon so I decided to go for it.

Intel Core i5-8265U Processor, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, UHD display. Shipping time is 2-3 weeks.

adamdicarlo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,160
Message 49 of 177

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Ordered at 10am PST this morning (July 8). I sure hope these numbers don't spontaneously inflate! 😬

Credit card did not authorize the first try; had to call the bank. Their fraud system flagged it for whatever reason.

shipping.png

adamdicarlo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,153
Message 50 of 177

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Immediately after posting this, I got an email that Lenovo had cancelled my order. I called them and they said some internal security check failed.

I noticed a weird mismatch in my billing and shipping information on the order—one showed "<State> <City>" and the other showed "<City> <State>"—even though I'd used the "Use same address for billing and shipping" option. Maaaaaaybe that was the issue?

I called Lenovo, got transferred to someone who would "rebuild" my order for me. That person said that since I put a Rep ID in the order info (a rep who answered some questions for me last week), she didn't want to rebuild the order herself, as he'll be notified and he's supposed to rebuild the order, so she could clash with him. She said I should contact him. So yeah, I emailed the rep, basically "Just want to make sure you're fixing my canceled order."

She mentioned that I'll end up with overlapping credit card holds, so she said she'd transfer me to someone who could remove the hold from the cancelled order. Then I heard "The Sales Department is now closed, call back during 9am-9pm Eastern, Monday through Friday." At least I think that's what it said. (This was at about 5:45pm Eastern.)

So I chatted with a rep online, who pretty much just said "the authorization hold will fall off automatically or sometimes it will take 24-48 business hours depending on your bank". He then transferred me to someone else—I think to try to answer why the order failed the security check, but at the time I was a bit confused about why I was transferred, because the next person had been given no context.

Anyway, wow—ordering from Lenovo is pretty awful, as others have written. At least the reps are all friendly, I guess.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors