Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffNC
Paper Tape
Views: 833
Message 81 of 224

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2019 edition

Got mine today, it shipped a day later instead of "same day" like they said.

Carnacki
Punch Card
Views: 721
Message 82 of 224

@taramis wrote:

@Carnacki wrote:

@taramis wrote:

Just got an email from Digitalriver (UK) that my order is further delayed and now estimated shipping date is the 31st of July. 

I've ordered the 4K X1C7 on the 1st of July it was postponed to the 17th, now to the 31st...

Same here - 4K model, shipping is now July 31st. Not that I can find any sign of the original shipping/delivery on the online order.

Haha, no, digitalriver has a useless website. What angers me tho is about a week ago the webshop says the lead time on the 4k model is 2 weeks. Now a week later I got this email about the delay, even tho I've ordered 2 weeks ago.

Had another email from Digital River - my order has been delayed again, now shipping... 20 July. So not a delay at all, but a revised, earlier shipping date! Which is fine. But I wonder if they meant 20 August and their email template is just broken.

So, we'll see!

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 689
Message 83 of 224

@Carnacki wrote:

@taramis wrote:

@Carnacki wrote:

@taramis wrote:

Just got an email from Digitalriver (UK) that my order is further delayed and now estimated shipping date is the 31st of July. 

I've ordered the 4K X1C7 on the 1st of July it was postponed to the 17th, now to the 31st...

Same here - 4K model, shipping is now July 31st. Not that I can find any sign of the original shipping/delivery on the online order.

Haha, no, digitalriver has a useless website. What angers me tho is about a week ago the webshop says the lead time on the 4k model is 2 weeks. Now a week later I got this email about the delay, even tho I've ordered 2 weeks ago.

Had another email from Digital River - my order has been delayed again, now shipping... 20 July. So not a delay at all, but a revised, earlier shipping date! Which is fine. But I wonder if they meant 20 August and their email template is just broken.

So, we'll see!

Got a similar email today, but with 26th of July, so 5 days earlier than it was expected a few days ago. We'll see.

Edward_USA
Punch Card
Views: 629
Message 84 of 224

Didn't get any email but just checked my order status on the webpage.

My date got pushed up from July 26th to July 31st to ship. 

I knew this would happen, didn't even send me any email. Next they will push it another week.

I looked to see if I can cancel the order but can't even do that anymore. 

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 593
Message 85 of 224

@Edward_USA wrote:

Didn't get any email but just checked my order status on the webpage.

My date got pushed up from July 26th to July 31st to ship. 

I knew this would happen, didn't even send me any email. Next they will push it another week.

I looked to see if I can cancel the order but can't even do that anymore. 

Yeah, the US site seems to be more functional than the UK one. We just see "Order pocessing" online, but at least get email notifications when expected date changes.

I don't see why you could not cancel, just give them a call. I mean your expected shipping date is 2 weeks away, so its nowhere near assembled, let alone shipped.

I'm not familiar with US consumer rights, but you probably have rights to cancel before it was shipped.

In the other hand if you cancel, what would you buy instead?

I'll wait for mine, thats for sure.

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 552
Message 86 of 224

My order just got shipped, I've got a scheduled delivery time for the 26th. Awful lot a time for an express delivery, but at least its moving now!

Edward_USA
Punch Card
Views: 548
Message 87 of 224

Good point after looking at other notebooks I dont see any that would be as light weight and offer the wwan 4g option. One of the reasons I wanted this carbon x1 is because lugging a 5lbs notebook is just too heavy and gets annoying.

Looks like Im going to just stick with this at this point.

I also know they will keep pushing up the date probably to september.

taramis
Punch Card
Views: 541
Message 88 of 224

@Edward_USA wrote:

Good point after looking at other notebooks I dont see any that would be as light weight and offer the wwan 4g option. One of the reasons I wanted this carbon x1 is because lugging a 5lbs notebook is just too heavy and gets annoying.

What spec did you order? I went for 4K display, i7-8665U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WWAN, NFC and they've just shipped it, so I'd imagine they'll start pumping out 4K ones pretty fast now.

Lancaster_Dream
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 89 of 224

30 to 45 days delay is a norm now! Or we are asked to cancel the order.....thats the only option,...sorry state of affairs!

Putting the 30 days wait time will scare online customers...but I read somewhere that intel chips are a bottleneck...and trade wars causing heavy delays in shipment.....sad..I always loved Thinkpad

Edward_USA
Punch Card
Views: 487
Message 90 of 224

@taramis wrote:

@Edward_USA wrote:

What spec did you order? I went for 4K display, i7-8665U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WWAN, NFC and they've just shipped it, so I'd imagine they'll start pumping out 4K ones pretty fast now.

Same but with i7-8565U and 512gb.

This was a decent amount of money. I could have bought a decent gaming laptop with 240hz display or oled, much faster processor and much better video card. So the question is, is the light weight worth it? It could be as I picked up one of these x1 carbon and was surprised about how light it is and I want to have this with me for commuting.

I'm not too happy about the 6200 Intel graphics being 4 years old already and it seems intel hasn't been updated this in a while. I wish it had a more updated integrated video card.

I'm a bit worried about getting the 4k monitor. You really will not notice the difference between the 4k and 1080p. I went with this because of the glossy, higher brightness, and HDR. What sucks is once in a while I may play some older games and not sure how they will look if I down resolution the monitor to 1080p. I wish there were more reviews between the FHD and UHD monitors. 

We may be getting this battery hog 4K monitor and it may really not be much better than the 400 nits FHD monitor. Plus we have to deal with the scaling issues. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors