Did you mean: 
montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,414
Message 1 of 9

ThinkPad X1 After one year battery capacity droped to 55%. 2 times

Hello Lenovo Comunity.

I want to share with you my story...

Im a ThinkPad fan. I love the simple design, when I was young and I couldnt afford expensive laptop that was my dream to get one. I worked hard to be able to join ThinkPad comunity. Here I am now with my Thinkpad X1. Bought it in 2012.04. that is my second Thinkpad and 4th Lenovo. After one year battery capacity droped to 55%. That was strange... Im experienced laptop user and my batteries work fine even after 4 years of use. My laptop was send to Lenovo service and they have replaced the battery. Another year have passed and same thing happened. I had to buy slice battery to work normaly. Again I had to move my data get replacement notebook and send my X1 to service.

So now the best part of the story begins.

Service has returned my laptop with note that battery is out of warranty. I had to call Polish Thinkpad support and they said that service had no information that battery was already replaced and I have to send it again when they check it and allow replacement. I had to send screenshots from power manager and in few days I got email from support that there is a green light for new battery replacement. That was the moment when I felt that Im an important Lenovo Customer... Someone cared about their Top Line Product Customer. GREAT! I got another mail where they asked about address where to send new battery, I replied and... suddenly... silence...

After one week I asked whats new in my case and guess what... They have change their mind... Sorry sir you wont get a new battery. But wait I have an email where you said that you will replace it and you ask about shipment address... No we cant replace it sorry...

Guess how I feel now...

Youtube for first Thinkpad x1 review... Almost in every review they talk about great battery life... bussiness premium class laptop... its a lie guys. The battery life is a lie and thats not all... The battery will DIE in one year after you buy it... That great battery life is enough only to shot that youtube video... And new one is 2 times more expensive... because its build in? I dont know?

Thats all what I had to say about Lenovo. The worst thing is that I still love my laptop and I will buy a new battery on ebay to work on it. Why on ebay? Because when I asked Polish support about new battery price, warranty and I wanted to have a statement that new battery wont have same bug... no one even bother to answer my email.

I have all emails here... If anyone interested... in polish.

I hope you guys will have more luck then I had with my hardware.

Best wishes.

BM.

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,393
Message 2 of 9

Re: ThinkPad X1 Premium Business Lie

I can see Battery Recall on main site, my notebook is not listed... In battery manager the status of my battery is also signed as POOR but who cares... Also there is no word about it on Polish support site in Polish... shhhh be quiet maybe our Polish customers wont find out so we can save some money...

"Lenovo apologizes for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Shipment of quality products always has been and continues to be the foremost concern."

Sure...

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,338
Message 3 of 9

Today I tried again to get my answers and check this out:

<helpdesk@lenovopolska.pl>:

maildrop: maildir over quota.

No comments...

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,289
Message 4 of 9

Tried again few days ago, no answer. Polish Lenovo support is ignoring me know. This is how to deal with a problem. I have send another email to battery@lenovo.com maybe global support will be interested to commmunicate with lenovo customer.

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,241
Message 5 of 9

I surrender no one wants to talk with me. No one cares about my problem. I will never go with Lenovo again same with my company. You Lenovo guys are liers and covards. Because now you hide and you dont want to talk with me about my problem after you decided to help me and then stoped responding.

andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 1,213
Message 6 of 9

I think the issue here is the "rapid charging".   Rapid charging = rapid draining.  There's a reason why it takes hours to charge a macbook air.  You can also use it for up to 8+ hours.....

Takes 45min to charage an x1 carbon?  Nice.  To bad it only last 4 hours.  I'm thinking the "rapid charging" also kills the battery life.

Another negative is the size of the power brick.  That thing is HUGE.  What's the point of buying a thin and light mobile laptop but we have to carry a HUGE AND HEAVY BRICK?  If the laptop lasted 8hours, then it wouldn't be a problem.  But real time use is less than 4 hours.

Look at the size of the Zenbook and the Series 9 (ativ) powerbrick. 

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,174
Message 7 of 9

You are propably right but why the optional battery wont loose capacity then? I have slice battery and its ok.

Also I have send another email to info@lenovopolska.pl few days ago and there is no answer also. I have never seen anything like it before. No one even bother to reply... I can see it was easier to but Thinkpad trademark from IBM then to continue their standards of quality in products and services. I remember my thinkpad from the IBM times and thats why I was so stupid to buy X1.

andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 1,153
Message 8 of 9

Yes Lenovo dropped the ball on this one.  Lots of complaints too regarding the new W series. 

The X1 Carbon isn't a busienss notebook anymore.  Where is the SD Card? Where is the Standard Keyboard?  Where is the awesome bright and vivid displays? 

Obviously not on the X1 Carbon.   The X1 Carbon is more of a Crapbook Air with poorer screen and poorer battery life.

The Mac Air at least has a SD card reader for those of use to play with cameras a lot.

montanus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,111
Message 9 of 9

Ok, I have lost my hope to solve this problem with lenovo. They do not care. Me and my company quit using lenovo products. Best wishes... :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors