02-07-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3rd Gen -- Lenovo Vantage issue re System updates

2020-02-07, 21:58 PM

Hi -- with the current version of Lenovo Vantage, I seem to be having difficulty getting non-Windows System updates.  On the first screen/Quick Settings, System update spins as though it's doing something but does not finish.  On the next page (System Update), the "check for updates" button is grayed out and no installation history is available. I CAN click on "Lenovo System Update" on that second page and reach a much more detailed series of drivers, but it's not a user-friendly place to update.

FYI, I have turned on auto-update for both critical updates and recommended updates within Lenovo Vantage.  I hope those updates are being installed automatically but cannot reach any install history screens to confirm that.  

How can I fix this? Should I uninstall and reinstall Lenovo Vantage?  If so, how?  Thanks.

KES2

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3rd Gen -- Lenovo Vantage issue re System updates

2020-02-08, 14:33 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

What's the current version of Lenovo Vantage installed on your device? Could you try to uninstall/resinstall the application and see if the issue still persist?

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

02-07-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-02-08, 16:59 PM

I searched for Vantage version number in the drop-down menu but did not see anything.  Where is that visible?  Also, would I uninstall it via the usual Windows uninstall utility? Where would I find the utility to re-download and install it?

Options

0 Posts

02-07-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-02-15, 19:46 PM

Hi -- would appreciate your guidance on the above. Thanks.

Options

0 Posts

02-07-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-02-15, 21:13 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled most of my Lenovo apps twice, including Lenovo Vantage. Now when I click on Vantage/My Device, it seems not to be detecting Lenovo System Update. So I uninstalled and reinstalled System Update 2x but it is still not being detected by Lenovo Vantage.  Please help. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save