Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netlogic
What's DOS?
Views: 358
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen) Wont reboot when connected to dock

One of my clients is having an issue with his X1 Carbon and OneLink+ dock. After installing the latest Bios, we noticed that the laptop will hang at the starting windows screen (windows 7) when rebooting while connected to the dock. This does not happen if not on the dock. I have updated the dock drivers, graphic drivers, dock firmware, power management drivers, ethernet drivers, usb drivers, even got a replacement dock from Lenovo with the same result. I tried reverting to the old bios but that did not help. Im not sure what else to try. 

wuga
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen) Wont reboot when connected to dock

@netlogic wrote:

One of my clients is having an issue with his X1 Carbon and OneLink+ dock. After installing the latest Bios, we noticed that the laptop will hang at the starting windows screen (windows 7) when rebooting while connected to the dock. This does not happen if not on the dock. I have updated the dock drivers, graphic drivers, dock firmware, power management drivers, ethernet drivers, usb drivers, even got a replacement dock from Lenovo with the same result. I tried reverting to the old bios but that did not help. Im not sure what else to try. 

Mine is on X1C6 connected to USB 3 dock, seems like is after recent bios update, can someone please fix?

polydev
What's DOS?
Views: 64
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen) Wont reboot when connected to dock

Apologies for the necro, but I JUST ran across this issue with my X1 Carbon. I installed the latest BIOS and as you stated, the laptop will not reboot while docked. Specifically, the laptop shuts down, displays the BIOS splash screen, then all screens go black and the fan slows to the lowest possible setting (as though the laptop is sleeping in a low power state).

After a ton of iterations, what ultimately solved it for me was the following:

Go into the Bios

Go to Config

Go into the "Display" options

Change "Boot Display Device" to "[Display on dock]"

It should reboot normally while docked

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors