Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rei0zero
Paper Tape
Views: 5,585
Message 1 of 14

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen keeps unpausing (playing) video/music

Hello! I am having a minor issue with my ThinkPad X1 carbon 6th gen (Type 20KH, 20KG.

Something keeps repeating the play command so that even when I pause the music or video I was viewing or listening to, it automatically unpauses every 10 seconds.

Once playing, it does not pause on its own. This happens no matter if the music/video player window is maximized or minimized to tray. 

Thank you for your help!

C

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content; add "6th Gen".

rei0zero
Paper Tape
Views: 5,494
Message 2 of 14

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon keeps unpausing (playing) video/music

I figured it out. My headphone which has play/pause button keeps sending the play signal to the computer through the audio jack. What can be done?
Konstantin9
What's DOS?
Views: 5,466
Message 3 of 14

Thanks man, you just saved me several hours of trying to find any viruses/malware/other glitches.

The same, connected headphones produces this effect. I blame some latest auto-updates, because it didn't happen before, I have the same headphones and didn't make any changes in software or drivers manually.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

gaosong2101
What's DOS?
Views: 5,428
Message 4 of 14

Have the same issue since updating Realtek High Definition Audio Driver to 6.0.1.8691 through Lenovo System Update.

Suspect it's the bug of the driver. 

Highlighted
gaosong2101
What's DOS?
Views: 5,426
Message 5 of 14

After downgrading the Realtek HD Audio driver to 6.0.1.8551, my issue was resolved. 

Basically, just go to Device Manager, double click into Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) underneath Sound, video and game controllers, go to Driver tab and click Uninstall Device, tick "Delete the drive software for this device" and click Uninstall. 

After that, in the Device Manager, click the "Scan for hardware changes" icon on the top, and Windows should be able to install the old version 6.0.1.8551 Realtek driver back. 

Hope that helps. 

Konstantin9
What's DOS?
Views: 5,419
Message 6 of 14

Yes, this one is the corrupted driver, thanks! It worked for me too, but I went even the easier way, pressed "Roll back driver" and the 6.0.1.8691 was substituted by the old one, 6.0.1.8551

Also, worth to mention that "recommended driver update" from Lenovo Vantage should be switched off.

Growthmindset
What's DOS?
Views: 4,666
Message 7 of 14

Exact same problem, brand new thinkpad x1 carbon and it starts Spotify every 10 seconds. ...It like hanging out with a retarded 2 year old who can't take no for an answer.

So when is Lenovo gonna fix this, or is the answer everybody have to reset their Realtek driver?

changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 4,380
Message 8 of 14

Hi everyone, I tried Uninstalling the Realtek Audio Driver (mine is version 10.0.17763.1) not the 6.0.1.... etc versions. I do not see see a "roll back driver" option. When I uninstall it and click on Scan for Hardware Changes, I just get back tame driver. Hence, my problem is not fixed. Can anyone help me with this?
changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 4,375
Message 9 of 14

Sorry I was looking at wrong place. My audio driver is 6.0.1.8642. I cannot click on the roll back driver so my only option is Uninstall. After the uninstall, and scan for hardware changes, the version that I get is still the same. How can I fix this?
Fuyuqi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,108
Message 10 of 14

Download the 6.0.1.8551 version from the internet and then manually update it from that download. It worked for me. Make sure you choose to "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" instead of having the computer browse for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors