Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicholasB
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 41 of 46

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th and ThinkPad USB-C Dock issues

Ok, unfortunately the problem stuill persists after the firmware and software driver updates that I was instructed to install by Lenovo support. I have gone back to them to seek further guidance.

bytesofcloud
Paper Tape
Views: 442
Message 42 of 46

I'm having the same issues as well. Tried different dock, USB-C cable, and powering only one monitor. Doesn't seem to be driver/software related. I didn't notice if anyone had better success with higher power out put from the brick?

BDO
Fanfold Paper
Views: 311
Message 43 of 46

I am experiencing the same problems with T480s (apologies for crossposting) and the USB C Gen2 Dock. All of the updates have been applied via Vantage.

This is really frustrating as it makes using only one external monitor (no other peripherals) impossible, and currently reducing the use of the dock to a simple passthrough charger.

Lack of response from Lenovo is quite disappointing.

bytesofcloud
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 44 of 46

Tried some other options with no change.

Issues in the Windows 10 System Logs

- Kernel-Processor-Power  (Event ID 37) 

- Kernel-Power (Event ID 105); Power source changed as the laptop drops connection to the port replicator

Was wondering if power is fluctuating from the port replicator so I'd changed the power profile to High Performance and disconnected the Ethernet cable from the replicator (only using wireless). It seems to have helped so this laptop disconnects once or twice a day rather than the four or five times a day.

I've restored the power settings to "Balanced" mode, reconnected the patch cable and will try using a single monitor. Really hate this laptop.

Infuriating that Lenovo Support isn't helpful on this issue. 

AvisoEmployee
What's DOS?
Views: 181
Message 45 of 46

Hi,

I too have a gen6 X1, and USB-C (gen2) dock, and have issues with USB-A ports on the dock.

My mouse and keyboard do not work if the dock is connected to the USB-C port towards the back of the computer. But they work fine if connected to the USB-C port close to the front of the computer (towards the user).

However, any powered USB devices (smart phone, powered external harddrive) work without any issue connected to the dock regardless of which USB-c port the dock is using connected to the computer.

This is very likely a power issue with the dock. 

BDO
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 46 of 46

Agreed, even with the monitor disconnected, I still hear the connect/disconnect sound frequently (with the dock connected so that the battery would charge) - I suspect that the dock is intermittently losing power.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors