Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mooz80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,054
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th and USB-C Dock issues

I've seen a few posts on this, but no solution, so I'm trying another one.

I have a Carbon X1 6th gen connected to a USB-C dock. (Wavlink but others have the same issues with Lenovo dock).

The USB-C Dock keeps disconnecting the monitors, mice and keyboards intermitently. It last a few seconds then everything comes back. 

I have not identified a source yet... it may happen 2 times in 5 minutes, then be OK for 30 minutes. Any idea of where I could look for a source of error for this issue? 

Everything is up to date as of today (using Lenovo Vantage software)

Many Thanks! 

hvpslam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,031
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th and USB-C Dock issues

Mine is the hybrid USB-A USB-C dock. Same happens. But not as frequent.

The Lenovo Vantage software might not detect the dock though - and the dock might need a firmware upgrade?
Highlighted
Mooz80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,028
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I contacted Wavlink support because there are no firmware update available on their site. 

I've seen many issues on Lenovo website, I thought maybe the problem is within the laptop... 

armedneutrality
Paper Tape
Views: 957
Message 4 of 6

Yup. Still no luck on my end with the lenovo dock either.

I don't see it "cutting out" as you say, but after updating the firmware, drivers, and anything else I can think of, it's actually gotten worse, and is now about 50% hit or miss whether the USB devices will be connected even if the computer is booted attached to the dock (and 100% failure if the already-booted computer is subsequently plugged into the dock).

Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Multiple reboots every time I have to plug and unplug is causing me to lose my mind.

kingpongg
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 5 of 6

I got my X1 (6th gen) about 2 weeks ago and have been battling this same issue.  I have one of the lenovo thunderbolt 3 docks (i've learned there are several variants) but have also tried this with a Kensignton USB-C dock and it does the same thing.  I've noticed it happens most often when the CPU is active and the fan kicks in.  I've dropped the performance to "best batery" rather than "best performance" even though it is plugged in.  That seems to limit the CPU usage etc and the problem is certainly less prevelant now but still sometimes an issue.  I've done all of the driver and firmware updates for the laptop and dock.  very frustrating.

Perezalvarezhi
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 6 of 6

hi guys if any of you are intereseted there is a much larger post on this same issue maybe if we all back the other one we might have someone at Lenovo take a look.

Here is the link please feel free to enter your situtation and comments there:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-6th-and-ThinkPad-USB-C-Doc...

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors