Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mooz80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th and USB-C Dock issues

I've seen a few posts on this, but no solution, so I'm trying another one.

I have a Carbon X1 6th gen connected to a USB-C dock. (Wavlink but others have the same issues with Lenovo dock).

The USB-C Dock keeps disconnecting the monitors, mice and keyboards intermitently. It last a few seconds then everything comes back. 

I have not identified a source yet... it may happen 2 times in 5 minutes, then be OK for 30 minutes. Any idea of where I could look for a source of error for this issue? 

Everything is up to date as of today (using Lenovo Vantage software)

Many Thanks! 

hvpslam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 220
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th and USB-C Dock issues

Mine is the hybrid USB-A USB-C dock. Same happens. But not as frequent.

The Lenovo Vantage software might not detect the dock though - and the dock might need a firmware upgrade?
Mooz80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 217
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I contacted Wavlink support because there are no firmware update available on their site. 

I've seen many issues on Lenovo website, I thought maybe the problem is within the laptop... 

armedneutrality
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 4 of 4

Yup. Still no luck on my end with the lenovo dock either.

I don't see it "cutting out" as you say, but after updating the firmware, drivers, and anything else I can think of, it's actually gotten worse, and is now about 50% hit or miss whether the USB devices will be connected even if the computer is booted attached to the dock (and 100% failure if the already-booted computer is subsequently plugged into the dock).

Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Multiple reboots every time I have to plug and unplug is causing me to lose my mind.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors