Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

11-19-2016

United States of America

24 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen - 3rd Failed TrackPoint

2021-02-05, 13:34 PM

I have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen (I've also been a ThinkPad user for the past 25+ years) and am ready to give up on Lenovo for the constant failed hardware and warranty violating service!  The TrackPoint's right mouse button has failed 3 times in the past 15 months.  They've replaced the TrackPoint twice and the system board the last time.  This seems to be an engineering/design issue rather than a production one.  The FW is on the latest version and has the factory image.  I can't seem to get any response from Lenovo other than they're looking into the issue.  I have a Next Business Day On-Site warranty as this is my work laptop and I travel constantly.

Is anyone else having the TrackPoint issue or getting Lenovo to honor their warranty as they specified when purchased?

Options

1185 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

82 Signins

5962 Page Views

• Views: 5962
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen - 3rd Failed TrackPoint

2021-02-05, 20:34 PM

Hello _Json_,

Greetings

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues even after the repair.

I suggest that you stay with the case, since it's still being worked on by the hardware tech team.

You need to follow up on them regarding this. We understand that you are always on the move so reporting it back to tech support would be better. 

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

11-19-2016

United States of America

24 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-05, 22:14 PM

I’m interested to see if other Lenovo owners are having the same or similar problem with their X1 Carbon laptop or Lenovo’s complete disregard for the expressed warranty they offered and was accepted. Lenovo’s complete customer and technical support failure is world class.

Interesting that I can receive a reply from you, but can’t get the case agent to pick up the phone and discuss the issue with me. Are all Lenovo’s responses scripted?

Options

13 Posts

09-01-2020

Lebanon

22 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-09, 11:39 AM

@ _Json_ wrote:

I have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen (I' also been a ThinkPad user for the past 25+ years) and am ready to give up on Lenovo for the constant failed hardware and warranty violating service!  The TrackPoint' right mouse button has failed 3 times in the past 15 months.  They' replaced the TrackPoint twice and the system board the last time.  This seems to be an engineering/design issue rather than a production one.  The FW is on the latest version and has the factory image.  I can' seem to get any response from Lenovo other than they' looking into the issue.  I have a Next Business Day On-Site warranty as this is my work laptop and I travel constantly.

Is anyone else having the TrackPoint issue or getting Lenovo to honor their warranty as they specified when purchased?

What do you mean by failed right mouse button?
Not registering any clicks at all? or missing clicks? or delay?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms