Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
layer9
Punch Card
Views: 8,142
Message 61 of 571

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen X1C7 - first look

I‘m from Germany and according to a large distributor it is planned to be on sale here in the mid of July. Maybe this holds true for Switzerland as well.

jialipassion
What's DOS?
Views: 8,114
Message 62 of 571

It is sad the new X1C7 not using ice lake CPU.

dpazz
Punch Card
Views: 7,927
Message 63 of 571

See the psref link, filter by country and scroll to the far right for release date information.

UK release date for 4K panel is stated as 23rd July 2019 which I'm okay with.

EDIT: I'm now seriously considering the FHD display non-carbon weave as the 4K config is only available with i7 CPU & 16GB RAM which will significantly increase the cost of the device. I'd estimate £2k GBP+.

MaurizioCY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,879
Message 64 of 571

Finally....wait. No Ice Lake. **bleep**? 

I thought the only reason for the huge delay (more than 6 months than previous model) was to wait for Ice lake.

It has also been announced on a Lenovo consumer notebook. Why not use it on the high end X1 first!? This this not make much sense, sounds like a stillbirth to me. I am currently on a X1C Gen 4 and was eagerly waiting to upgrade but I am fancing more now to a XPS 13 2-in-1 which comes with Ice Lake. 

I do not want to buy a new laptop which is old on day 1. I hope Lenovo listens to this and offer Ice Lake versions rarther soon. 

Carnacki
Punch Card
Views: 7,869
Message 65 of 571

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4k model pushes £3k here in the UK. And I'm not convinced a 14" 4k screen is worth it, even if you have the money to spare.

The bottom FHD model will do me just fine.

dpazz
Punch Card
Views: 7,855
Message 66 of 571

The XPS 13 2 in 1 does look incredible, but the non-upgradable SSD is a complete killer for me. That and the fact that the build quality of my work XPS 13 is terrible.

layer9
Punch Card
Views: 7,759
Message 67 of 571

Seems like the LTE module is not available yet. Does anyone know if it can be upgraded later? Or does it need to be pre-installed?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,728
Message 68 of 571

There are WWAN models in the PSREF. It also says “For non-WWAN model, it means the model is NOT WWAN upgradable”. If you think you might need WWAN, buy a model with WWAN.

http://psref.lenovo.com/

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
JSief
What's DOS?
Views: 7,694
Message 69 of 571

You getting that 18+ hours of Battery Life they are claiming on the website.
dualmonitors
HDMI
Views: 7,629
Message 70 of 571

X1C7: FHD or WQHD

Dear All:

i'm trying to decide whether the FHD at 1920x1080 or the WQHD at 2560x1440 would be the smart option to order for the X1C7.

i do not watch videos extensively at all on my laptop - business oriented work and emails and web surfing.  No gaming at all, minimal videos, mostly text reading and web surfing.

i will not process my digital images on my laptop much at all (will use my desktop for that).

some have said that the scaling issues with the WQHD for the small 14" screen size will be troublesome, as it would require a LOT of scaling.  additionally, there may be some programs that will NOT allow for scaling if not written for Windows 10 (though i have no idea which programs they may be).  Would I encounter lots of scaling issues (or situations where i cannot scale)?

may i ask if the FHD at 1920x1080 will be plenty good and the resolution will be very crispy (text and basic images) for an essentially business-use machine, with a good amount of web surfing use as well?

i am a somewhat picky person as i use a 42" 4K monitor on my desktop currently and it has beautiful resolution - crispy clear.  but, at the same time, i want to be realistic and practical so if the FHD is all that is really required, overdoing it with WQHD will be of little benefit to me unless the user were to be a heavy duty video user, etc (or some other more specialized use).

looking forward to hearing your thoughts, advice.  thank you in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors