cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pheeburoo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,032
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Carbon Repair... why so long?

I purchased a ThinkPad X1 Carbon laptop in early November, since I really needed a PC (I regularly use a Mac) to work with a few applications. However, 3 weeks into using the laptop, its printscreen button fell off, and I have only used it once or twice. I called the customer support and delivered it to my local service centre. I asked customer support how long it would take to repair my laptop, and the representative said "around 5 business days". It has been at least 5 weeks since I dropped off my laptop at the service centre and they told me they're still waiting for the parts to arrive to repair my laptop. 

I bought this laptop for school work that requires a PC and now school's starting again, and my laptop is not ready and I don't even know when it'll be ready. I am very frustrated - I mean, it is only the keyboard that needs reparation and why is it taking THIS long? I bought a laptop to use, not to wait for a simple reparation for 5 weeks. And now I have no laptop to use and this is seriously interfering with my school work.

Is there a way to formally file a complaint on this case? 

Any suggestion would help, thanks!

urbanglowcam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,012
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon Repair... why so long?

I went through this exact same thing with my X1 Carbon. It took 4-5 weeks to the point they were still waiting on a keyboard replacement that was backordered. Eventually they just said I can get a replacement model and I waited for the X1 Carbon Touch.

I now have the X1C Touch and the touchscreen barely works. It's going back and I am done with Lenovo. This has been ongoing since August and I've had to resort to using a Sony Vaio from 3 years back that has less problems than these brand new "high-end" Lenovo ThinkPads.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors