Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akooch
What's DOS?
Views: 129
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad X1 Carbon Yoga Gen 2.. Extreme Disappointment

Hi,

I purchased the X1 Carbon Yoga approximately 6 months ago and i must say I'm highly disappointed.

For a flagship laptop the battery life is appalling, with my device struggling to get 4 hours with a moderate load of browsing and office productivity and at 60% brightness well shy of the 10+ hours promised and well under any reasonable measure for an ultrabook.

Ive once had the battery replaced as the device originally struggled to even give me 2 hours under battery and when i apply a light pressure to the keyboard "rest" it makes a lovely grinding noise..

On paper this is a fantatsic device OLED monitor, 360 degree screen but living with it is terrible. The fingerprint scanner often doesnt pick up my finger and requires some time to figure it out and the carbon fibre gets so DIRTY. Its near impossible to keep it clean without the oils from your fingers staining it. 

I'm at a loss what to do as i believe this device just cant be improved or fixed. It's just terrible at a price point of over $3,000.

akooch

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors