cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 450
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Extreme BIOS v1.19 FIXES ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock incompatibility

See subject.  Ever since the BIOS upgrade, the dock no longer crashes. 

Two days running now with no problems; prior to the upgrade it would crash routinely when connecting via USB-C.  I had to employ the unsavoury workaround of connecting the laptop to a charger and connecting it to the dock via the USB-A port using the USB-A to USB-C adaptor supplied.  Now I'm connecting via USB-C cable only.

In fact, I'd given up on using the dock at all and had it just sitting there.  I decided to give it another go after reading that BIOS v1.19 fixed instances of BSODs occuring when connected to an external monitor (which I did experience now and again when connecting to an external monitor via HDMI i.e. not via dock).   

Dock Type : 40AF

X1E Type : 20MF

ExtremePain
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Extreme BIOS v1.19 FIXES ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock incompatibility

Is your dock still working ok? I started this thread some time ago and just noticed your update (thanks).

I've updated the BIOS on my machine and whilst it's much more stable, I still had a crash today after about 3 hours of usage. As usual, it was when I opened a new Chrome tab. If I then open the laptop lid, pull out the USB-C cable for ten seconds or so, then re-insert it I can get back up and running.

I'll keep monitoring and update as and when.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors