Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nomtat
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Extreme Issues

I purchased an X1 Extreme (4K) a few months ago. I have run into a few issues and was hoping I could get some advice. For reference, I have observed these issues across multiple different Windows versions, GeForce driver versions, and Lenovo BiOS versions. I am happy to answer any follow-up questions in the comments.

When I have hybrid graphics enabled, I have observed significant stutter when scrolling in applications such as Google Chrome, Spotify, and more, especially when opening PDFs in Chrome. Turning off hybrid graphics resolves fixes this, but I was wondering if there was another option I had other than compromising my battery life by disabling hybrid graphics.

When I keep the TrackPoint enabled, it occasionally begins moving the cursor on its own and keeps going for a few seconds, with no apparent way to regain control until it stops. While I can fix this by just turning off the TrackPoint, I enjoy using it and would like to know if there is a different solution to this issue.

Thank you in advance!

csodey
Paper Tape
Views: 57
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Extreme Issues

Hello, I also have the shutter issue with hybrid graphics enabled.  It happens after I put the computer to sleep on the dock, use it somewhere else, sleep again, then back on the dock and wake up.  I can fix it by rebooting the machine while still connected to the dock.  The thunderbold 3 workstation dock and or thunderbolt controller in the laptop is garbage.  We have bricked 3 Extremes so far by updating the thunderbolt controller.  I also observed when I disabled hybrid graphics and using the computer off the dock on battery the screen will not get as bright.  I have 4k uhd touch screen.  This is by far the slowest computer to wake up from sleep I have ever used.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors