Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smf2019
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Extreme - Type 20MF ethernet extension cable does not work

I bought my Thinkpad X1 Extreme - Type 20MF - in February 2019, and everything works fine, but since i upgraded the UEFI Bios to version 1.19 the ethernet extension cable does not work.

I can see the network adapter in the network connections, the driver is updated, but it says that the network cable is removed.

I pluged in the network extension cable and connected it with the LAN, but the adapters LEDs do not blink. They just do nothing. 

I pluged in the network cable to another laptop and it works fine.

The device manager does not show any hardware or driver problems.

Is there a bios option that must be enabled or any other way to enable it?

I need the ethernet connection for my work, please help me.

Highlighted
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 540
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 Extreme - Type 20MF ethernet extension cable does not work

You state,"...everything works fine, but since i upgraded the UEFI Bios to version 1.19 the ethernet extension cable does not work..." So are you saying the ethernet extension cable was working fine until you updated the BIOS?

Smf2019
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 3 of 4

Yes, it was working fine until last Thursday (Mar 7Th), the day i upgraded the BIOS.  

I can not guarantee that it is directly related, but it is probably related, because since that day it has stopped working.

Today I connected the network cable to a USB Type C adapter with Ethernet and it works.

The ethernet adapter port is disabled in some way and I can not activate it...

or the ethernet extension cable just stop working, but i think this is not likely.

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 519
Message 4 of 4

Assuming the extension cable is OK,  I would totally uninstall the ethernet card drivers, reboot and then reinstall. Check with Intel's site to be sure you have the latest driver. My version is 12.17.10.7

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors