cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_T
Fanfold Paper
Views: 764
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen (20FQ) - Bottom Cover replacement clips?

I recently noticed a strange whiring noise directly related to fan speed, so seeing as the laptop was out of warranty (long story, but not really relevant) I opened her up and noticed the sticker on the fan was applied slightly offset and had bent inwards to lightly touch the cooling fan's blades. Repositioned the sticker cured the noise. Nice and simple.

Upon re-assembly I noticed a broken clip belonging to the bottom cover. I've attached an image which highlights them, but they're screwed on to the cover plate, as opposed to being part of the moulding.
Does anybody happen to know if these clips can be obtained seperately, if so, could you please let me know the part number?
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga bottom cover - external side.JPG

Inked - Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga bottom cover_clips.jpg

I've checked the parts website and it seems to only suggest an entire cover is available. For Lenovo to to have gone to the trouble of making the clips screw to the cover, it would seem that these are sacrificial sub-parts, it's a shame to spend almost £100 to get a rear cover, all for the sake of one replacement clip.

Any help, gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 749
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen (20FQ) - Bottom Cover replacement clips?

There are what is called "Misc. Parts kit". which have some of the little parts, but I have never found a way to figure out exactly what is included, and it varies by model.  For the X1 Yoga 1st gen, there is one called "base, misc kit", FRU 01AW964.  (There is also one called "LCD Misc kit" and "Planar misc kit".)

I would guess the base misc. kit would have what you want, but I cannot be sure.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Tom_T
Fanfold Paper
Views: 713
Message 3 of 4

Gracias amigo.

I shall take a look.

Tom_T
Fanfold Paper
Views: 661
Message 4 of 4

It looks like the kit you mentioned has the clips.

Image number 7 displays the contents, the top middle bag seems to contain the little blighters.

33 Euros though, a little steep for a few pieces of plastic and some ribbon cables which I don't need.

But, I guess it's at least available.

Thanks for your help. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors