Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unhappy_User
What's DOS?
Views: 219
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad X1 Yoga (1st Gen) very poor design

Back in August of 2016, I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 for taking notes in lectures. I became very unhappy with it very quickly and resorted to buying a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (1st gen). I fell in love with this machine at first sight. Great specs, decent price, yadda yadda. The pen capability is near perfect and I now have all my hand-written notes organized neatly on a cloud service for convenient viewing at anytime. 

About 9 months into the warranty, I soon noticed these white spots appearing on the screen. About the same time, i noticed the pen was becoming very inaccurate when trying to write on the screen. This didn't really seem like a mishap to me, so I consulted Lenovo Customer Service about honoring the warranty and replacing the screen. They were phenomenal! I shipped the laptop and within a week the repair was finished and the laptop on its way back to me. 

Now, about 9 months later, the same "white spots" are starting to show again. The pen accuracy is again starting to dwindle and it's becoming extremely frustrating that a >$1,500 laptop is failing so quickly. This laptop is made to write on. They've done a great job in designing the retractable keyboard, but made one huge mistake in designing the functionality of tablet mode. There are two rubber feet on the bottom of the 1st gen and, consequently, there is a small gap between the back of the screen and the bottom of the laptop when the machine is in tablet mode. Over time, the minor flew on the screen as you lay your hand down on it to write is stressing the panel. This is causing "stress-spots" to appear as white dots and the pen accuracy to succumb to the fate of poor design (or at least that's my conclusion). 

Now, my machine is out of warranty and I cannot afford to replace the screen yet again. Lenovo, I'm sure that you have fixed this issue in newer generations of the X1 Yoga. I feel the least you can do for me is to replace the screen free of charge, sort of like a manufcturer's recall on the abysmal design of this machine. 

Is anyone else having the same issues? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors