Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfmeier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,823
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Yoga (1st gen/2nd gen) and DP1.2

I intend to buy an X1 Yoga (IPS or OLED) for my business and connect it to my two Dell U2417H monitors.

Looking at the Dell user guide, I see that you should be able to use one cable from the laptop and daisy chain the two monitors. The Dell user guide states that the PC/laptop graphics card must support "DP1.2 with MST transport".

* Does the 1st gen X1 Yoga have DP1.2 with MST transport?

* What about the 2nd gen X1 Yoga? Understand the mini DisplayPort has been deleted on the 2nd gen X1 Yoga and left only a HDMI and Thunderbolt connection. How would I achieve this daisy chain connection?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,746
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga (1st gen/2nd gen) and DP1.2

I am not an expert here, but everything I have read indicates that the USB-C/Thunderbolt ports are backwards-compatible with DP 1.2 with a simple adapter.  When you daisy chain multiple displays together, all but the last display need to have DP 1.2 enabled and the last one must have DP 1.2 disabled when working with Intel graphics.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tfmeier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,725
Message 3 of 4

Thanks richk,

have read before as well that the last Mon in the chain has to be disabled. So your response would apply tpbthe 2nd gen X1 Yoga. Do you have any info re the compatibility of the 1st gen? My current X1 Carbon (to be replaced) is not DP1.2 compatible but later gen models are.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,711
Message 4 of 4

I have no experience with the first gen.  I never used one.  I wrote a first-look-type review of the 2nd gen, but for video out, I only looked at HDMI and wireless display.  I didn't have cables to test what you are looking at.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2017/Sneak-peek-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-Generation-2-Review/td-p/35...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors