Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edu27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 149
Message 1 of 9

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 20FQ looses displays on OneLink+ Dock

Hi community,

I've a very annoying problem with my X1 Yoga. I'm using the OneLink+ Dock at the office connected to two 27 inch displays. When setting up everything it worked pretty well. Yesterday i left my desk for a few minutes. All displays went to standby which is fine. When waking up the machine one external display stayed in standby mode. I tried everything I can think of:

- disconnecting the display from power and reconnect it

- disconnect the display port and reconnect it

- change the display port cable (length should be no issue since it's 1m)

- switching display ports at the dock between displays

- removing the display in the device manger and detect it again

- restart the computer

- shutdown the computer, pull every power cable and put everything back together

- change the OneLink+ Dock

... nothing helped. What's strange: the internal and the working external display are shown as "PnP-Monitor" and the display not working is shown as "Digital-Flatscreen (640x480 60Hz)"

In the Intel HD Graphic application I can see the display but can't change anything about it. I can move it around from left to middle to right position and back. Still I can't change the resolution nor turn the display back on.

Yesterday i changed the non-working display with another one of the same kind and it worked again. Today the same happend to the other display that worked all the time.

The displays are working on other machines so they're not broken.

I have another desk with about the setup (OneLink+ Dock + 2 displays) which is working fine. Only difference is the displays itself. Different vendor, different size (23").

My machine is running Windows 10 Build 16299 (Version 1709) with all Windows updates and all drivers (even the optional) from Lenovo installed and all BIOS updates applicated.

I really don't have a clue what's wrong here. I'd be very pleased if anyone else has an idea?

bobbysteel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 2 of 9

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 20FQ looses displays on OneLink+ Dock

Mine cuts out often when awakening. U installing all the drivers then reinstalling seemed to help but it comes back after a while 

edu27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 100
Message 3 of 9

Which drivers did you uninstall? I uninstalled the display and the graphics card so far. But that didn't help not even temporarily. I can't match a device in the device manager to the dock. I'm not sure if that is even listed.

edu27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 87
Message 4 of 9

Right now I lost both external displays. What was the intention of having a dock again? This thing is pretty useless to me right now.

Does anyone have an idea what to do about that issue?

bobbysteel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 85
Message 5 of 9

Update the firmware of the dock first. Then in windows device manager delete the one link dock thing and uninstall the drivers. Install the new ones from lenovo. That sorted it for me

edu27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 63
Message 6 of 9

That's exactly what I tried to do. There are just two little issues:

1) I can't find a firmware update for the OneLink+ Dock on Lenovos website

2) The dock is not listed in the device manager. So I'm unable to uninstall it.

Smiley Sad

bobbysteel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 60
Message 7 of 9

edu27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 37
Message 8 of 9

Thanks. The search on the lenovo site didn't find anything to download for the docking station. Google didn't came to mind. ;-)

The firmware is already up to date and the driver is also already installed. So that didn't fix it for me.

bobbysteel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 34
Message 9 of 9

Then something isn't right if you don't see Onelink+ dock whatever as an item in your device manager

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors