Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted28
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 510
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Arrow Keys Falling Off

I could feel that the arrow keys on my machine were a little wobbly from the beginning, but now both of them pop out very easily.  I’ve inspected the black key cap itself, as well as the white plastic clips on the mounting bracket that the key cap attaches to. There doesn’t appear to be damage to either part, but the keys won’t stay firmly in place. Tried carefully reattaching it according to guides from laptopreplacement key,  but to no avail.  Wondering if others have had this issue and how it was resolved. Laptop is 5 months old and gently used. Bought the machine in the U.S., but working is South Korea currently, so not sure how difficult getting warranty service will be here or if it’s possible.

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 497
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Arrow Keys Falling Off

send a request for a new keyboard and use a screwdriver to remove the old one with 2+/- screws 

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional
Ted28
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 472
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Arrow Keys Falling Off

Wouldn't mind attempting the repair by myself, but would Lenovo simply supply a keyboard as part of warranty without having their own techs install it?  Looks like the keyboard module runs around $200 and the installation on the Yoga models seems to require fairly deep dissassembly of the machine. Has anyone been able to find just a replacement key online for the Yoga models? The keys for the Yoga models are different from the Carbon models to accomodate the wave keyboard function. Having had any luck finding replacement keys online, although maybe a carbon key bracket with the original key cap would do the trick. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors