Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,335
Message 1 of 7

ThinkPad X1 Yoga Touchpad Drag or highlight not working

I have a new out of the box ThinkPad X1 Yoga. The touchpad drag or highlight is not working. I see other people saying this here but without a solution. Am i to belive that a new laptop id defective?  I guess so because this is fuctionality that should work right out of the box. I have tried everything with no luck. I dont feel like sending this new laptop away concidering how long I just waited to gt it. I want to left click (pointing finger) using the touchpad left button and drag an icon or highlight text (middle finger). Can anybody help? 

dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,294
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga Touchpad Drag or highlight not working

Update: So my touchpad is trash, broken, out of the box. They think I am goingto wait for a box and then wait some more to send me back this POS laptop that has issues already. I dont think so. Its going back.. Lets see how hard they make this. 

jaytronics
Punch Card
Views: 1,278
Message 3 of 7

If you decide that you do not want to send your X1 back. Go here and watch the videos that pertain to getting to the track pad. I am not sure,  but, I believe that you only have to remove the main battery. I could be wrong though. Reason I say this is because it could be a loose cable. It sucks to get a laptop that one pays so much for only to find out, something does not work correct or at all. But, at the end of the day, These devices were probably put together with human hands. Who knows, maybe your device could have been put together on a Friday. We all know that when it is Friday, we all want out of work. Probably is no different in China. Could be wrong though. Any way, I will try it my self to see if that is the case. But for now, I am off to bed. I am going to have a house full of kids tomorrow. Need the sanity sleep. LOL! 

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=1133&key=TGVuZw==

dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,266
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, yes I tried removing the Touchpad and all of the ribbon cables and reseating them no luck. 

adamc99
Punch Card
Views: 1,248
Message 5 of 7

Seems like I may have similar symptoms. My left click fails sporoadically (though it usually works). I've been using my Yoga for abour 3-4 hours, and keep running into situations where I get the audible click and tactile feedback, but no click actually happens.

Were you able to get a new unit with fixed trackpack?

dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,238
Message 6 of 7

Unfortunatly i took everything apart and checked everything out, it looks to be a defaulty touchpad. I wasnt thrilled with the idea of having a new laptop go out for repair so i opted to return it and i will either get a new X1 yoga (not likely) or get a differnt model. To be honest, i wasnt thrilled with the size, i like more of a landscape for factor. Take care and thanks for the replys. Good Luck. 

champ2
What's DOS?
Views: 978
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem with the X1C Yoga running Windows 10. The bottom button on the touchpad will not enable the dragging function. Only the trackpoint button seems to enable the drag function.  This is different from the other X1C Lenovo computers that I use, but they are operating with Windows 7.  Do not know if this is a problem with the Yoga or Windows 10 or both.  Please advise if this is "normal" functionality for this configuration (Yoga X1C plus Windows 10).

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors