cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js3
What's DOS?
Views: 651
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Yoga: can its mini displayport feed enough power for an external monitor (ASUS MB169C+)?

I have an ASUS MB169C+ external monitor that does not have an AC adapter and gets power through its USB-C slot. Digital input of this monitor is 'DisplayPort over USB-C' / DisplayPort Alt Mode. Monitor's power consumption is <=7W and voltage rating 4.75-5.25 V at 1.4A.

My question is if mini displayport of my ThinkPad can feed this monitor. For that purpose, I have found this cable: cablemax.com/product/cm-u31cmmdp-1m# . If you have another cable to suggest, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Guru
Views: 620
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga: can its mini displayport feed enough power for an external monitor (ASUS MB169

Hi.

I'm not sure about this since I don't have any of those device, but your question seems to be very interesting.

According to the cable you are listing it says "USB 3.1 Type-C to Mini DisplayPort" which may mean that from a computer with USB-C port you can connect a monitor with mini display port plug, but I'm not sure if it will work the other way.

Maybe someone with more experience with USB-C can reply this.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors