Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-19-2021

Pakistan

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X12 running extremely slow whenever I try to work and edit on Wordpress Panel.

2021-03-19, 11:17 AM

Hey there Guys,

So I got this ThinkPad X12 a couple of weeks ago, the laptop itself is cool, but I noticed it running extremely slow whenever I try to edit my blogs on Wordpress, or customize the theme. I only open 10 tabs at a time which is pretty normal for a unit like ThinkPad X12 .

I also got a spare laptop (Acer Nitro 5) and that one is fast like a rocket.  It is not hanging like ThinkPad X12.

Note: I use a ton of css and custom coding on my wordpress blogs. I used many plugins. Many one of those plugins or custom coding is conflicting with the laptop, or it just slow.

https://paintballmaskarena.com/best-paintball-gun/

Above mentioned URL has custom core web vitals issues as well. CLS to be précised. I don't know, may be that is the reason this page works extremely whenever I try to edit it on my ThinkPad X12. But if it was the case, why Acer Nitro 5 is working just fine while ThinkPad X12 has been a pain in the ass?

CHECK HOW MANY TABS I HAVE OPENED IN MY ACER NITRO 5.

Is there something wrong with my ThinkPad X12? May there is something wrong with the windows or any setting?

I need your help guys. I do not think ThinkPad X12 are slow by nature, I am sure there is something wrong.

THANKS.

AshfaqAli
Answer
Options

1319 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6597 Page Views

• Views: 6597

Re:ThinkPad X12 running extremely slow whenever I try to work and edit on Wordpress Panel.

2021-03-19, 13:15 PM

Hello AshfaqAli24,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Kindly run diagnostics and see if there is any active or schedule activity like antivirus scan or Windows update.
Observe if things are better when machine is in clean boot.

You may also try these steps to improve the performance of the X12
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000313-windows-freezing-and-slow-performance

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-to-improve-pc-performance-in-windows-10-b3b3ef5b-5953-fb6a-2528-4bbed82fba96

Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

1319 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6597 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkPad X12 running extremely slow whenever I try to work and edit on Wordpress Panel.

2021-03-19, 13:15 PM

Hello AshfaqAli24,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Kindly run diagnostics and see if there is any active or schedule activity like antivirus scan or Windows update.
Observe if things are better when machine is in clean boot.

You may also try these steps to improve the performance of the X12
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000313-windows-freezing-and-slow-performance

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-to-improve-pc-performance-in-windows-10-b3b3ef5b-5953-fb6a-2528-4bbed82fba96

Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

03-19-2021

Pakistan

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-19, 14:54 PM

Thanks pal. It worked. Still slow, but not much as before. 

AshfaqAli
Options

1319 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6597 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-04-07, 20:52 PM

Good to know it's working

Regards,

Lorenzo_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms