Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brophgg
Punch Card
Views: 351
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad X230 Tablet screen brightness issues

I have just completed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate and all went well except for the screen brightness issue. Anyone have any ideas where I can simply increase this as I have searched everywhere for screen brightness, even BIOS for any setting for display. I have latest update to display driver.

I have two other laptops and each shows much brighter than this one and I am surely disappointed in this display. Not sure if it is because this screen is touch enabled and also works off keyboard that could be the issue and a separate setting could be involved on the touch side of the display as it does work with a stylus pen or touch also.

thanks and   I hope I can get this brightness to increase somewhat as it is too hazy for me.

Edit to say I have just learned that there appears to be a generic driver installed by Lenovo Driver update section for the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver. When I did an Intel driver update it noted this driver could not be updated by Intel due to fact that Lenovo used a generic driver for it. This appears to be problem and I see nowhere on this site where I can contact manufacturer of my laptop to furnish this information.

" Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information."

what am I supposed to do now? I assume that this must be the problem.

Top Kudoed Authors