Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,545
Message 31 of 36

Re: ThinkPad X270 PCIe SSD (NVMe) refusing to wake up from low-power state

heptagrammaton

Thanks for your feedback.  Because you are on insider 15063 I don't have the symbols to analyze the crash dump right now.  I will be able to study your dump in more detail later this week.  The fact that you are able to get a dump at all means it is not the BIOS/SSD issue that is fixed by BIOS 1.12  (the BSOD caused by that issue would not generate a dump file because the SSD stopped responding)

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,481
Message 32 of 36

heptagrammaton

The best that I can tell, the issue of your BSOD dump is a bug in win32kbase.sys related to touchpad gesture processing.  I checked in a MSFT database where we can look up known bugs, but this one is not in it.  You might have better luck reporting this problem on a MSFT forum or giving feeback through the insider program.

The bug is in:  win32kbase!CPTPEngine:Smiley Very HappyoTPGestureProcessing+0xf5

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,480
Message 33 of 36

To all,

I am temporarily marking my previous post (with the link to the trial BIOS) as the solution to help users easily find it.  when the formal BIOS is released, I will update again to provide a link to it.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,345
Message 34 of 36

The new BIOS that fixes this issue has been released on support.lenovo.com here:  http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-X...

If you already installed the trial version 1.12 that I posted earlier, this is the same version.  So there is no need to re-install it.

brainshave
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,276
Message 35 of 36

Thanks to the team for soliving it in relatively short time :-)

I've been running 1.12 for over a week now and the issue seems fixed for good :-)

lukas2511
Paper Tape
Views: 1,251
Message 36 of 36

Running the new BIOS version for quite some time now I'm positive that this fixed the issue. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors