Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Attila77
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad X280 touchpad stopped working

Hi All,

I have an almost new X280 laptop. The touchpad stopped working when i switched on the machine, yesterday i did not have any problems.

What i tried:

- driver updated

- checked bios+windows settings (Touchpad is ON)

In Device Manager under HID devices, there is "HID compliant touchpad" and "Synaptics HID-Complient Touch Pad Device".

Here comes the strange part: if i disable "Synaptics HID-Compliant Touch Pad Device", the touchpad starts working but gestures are not working like scroll up/down with two fingers. When enabling it again it stops working again. (+when booting from Hirens, it works fine, so it is definately _not_ a hardware issue)

Additional information: The Track Poing device and the buttons over the touchpad are working all the time, if "click" with the touchpad it works fine all the time (for example i move the cursor with a USB mouse over any icon on the desktop, i double-click the touchpad, the program or document opens).

Can you help me please, does anyone has an idea what the solution could be? I don't want to reinstall Windows because of this...

Thank you,

Attila

Attila77
Paper Tape
Views: 985
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad X280 touchpad stopped working

Solved: i completely removed the driver of "Synaptics....", restarted, installed the latest driver again, restarted again -> works again as it should Smiley Happy
ThinkpadBoi1
SCSI Port
Views: 890
Message 3 of 5

Hello, I am also affected by this issue Smiley Sad. Can you describe more precisely how you solved your problem?

ThinkpadBoi1
SCSI Port
Views: 863
Message 4 of 5

Seems like after the first reboot the touchpad works ok, but then the Synaptics gets reinstalled and I am back at where I began.

I am on X1 C6 with a NFC touchpad.

ThickBurger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 649
Message 5 of 5

Been having the same problem as well with my X1 Carbon Yoga. I've uninstalled the driver and downloaded it from the Lenovo site. But it happens pretty frequently. Not sure if it's really a software issue or a hardware issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors