Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhishekpanjabi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 313
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga X380 IR camera not working

Hello,

My windows Hello was not working properly, so I decided to remove it from the "Computer management -> Device manager -> Biometric Devices -> IR (I am not sure about the name here, but I know that I removed the IR recognition device. I am attaching the image showing the exact position. One can see that Integrated IR camera is there under cameras, but, missing from the Biometric Devices.)" hoping that I will be able to download back and that might fix the problem. Unfortunately, I am unable to find that anywhere on the internet or Lenovo websites. I have also lost the option of using IR camera in the "settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> Windows Hello". it only shows options of using fingerprint and pin. 

I have already tried installing all the drivers related to IR Cameras as well as a regular camera.

I also tried everything about windows hello drivers. 

I have also looked at windows websites.

One more thing I recently tried was trying to install firmware for IR camera "Integrated IR Camera Device Firmware (Bison/BN7FTNKSX) for Windows 10 (64bit) - ThinkPad X380 Yoga" from Lenovo' Drivers list. When trying to install, it says No device! and nothing happens. Ultimately I ended up killing the program.

Nothing seemed to work and I am unable to get the Biometric Device back.

Has it ever happened with anybody? Please help me with the issue.

Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 241
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga X380 IR camera not working

Hi abhishekpanjabi!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can use this link https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-... to download the drivers needed for the IR camera.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

abhishekpanjabi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 213
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I have windows version 1809 and I have already tried installing "Integrated_IR Camera Driver for Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1709 or later) - ThinkPad X380 Yoga". I could successfully install that. Also, I have tried installing "Integrated IR Camera Device Firmware (Bison/BN7FTNKSX) for Windows 10 (64bit) - ThinkPad X380 Yoga". However, attempting to install this driver shows me as the attached 1st pic and then when I hit finish it shows "No Device!" as shown in 2nd pic.

Is there any other driver that I am missing from the cameras category?

Annotation 2019-06-11 154141.png1st picAnnotation 2019-06-11 154208.png2nd pic

meegel
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 4 of 4

I have the exact, exact same issue with my X380. I can't recall when this first occurred, but I do remember it not working as far back as March. I only notice when attempting to connect to a virtual meeting.

When I enable the camera via an app or website, the camera activation light illuminates, but no image is captured/displayed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors