Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barwickgreen
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Carbon X1 touch screen not working

I've just updated my X1 Carbon 3rd Generation to Windows 10. and there are three problems. I'm posting them in one message because they may be related.

1. The Intel Chpset Driver from the support website will not install. It geest as far as the Intel branded installer then says it can't find "setupchipsetx64.msi", even if you browser to the file location.
  2. Intel Management Engine 12 appears to install without error messages but every time I run System Update it says it needs to be installed, so either it hasn't installed or it has but System Update doesn't recognise it.
  3. The cellular connection option has disappeared from Windows 10 and the Lenovo Wireless Power Settings app. My Sierra Wireless EM7345 appears without error in Device Manager under Network Adapters, it also appears as a GNSS Sensor undeer Sensors, but Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is missing or damaged in the registry (error 19). It appears in Network Adaptors with a strong signal and is enabled but there's just no way of using it.

I have of course installed ALL the updates from th support website apart from the two I've noted which won't install and the two enterprise updates which I don't need.. Windows Update also says the system is up to date. Very disapointing because the 4G adaptor was an expensive option to add to this laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors