Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate1100
Fanfold Paper
Views: 460
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Pen not working right first ~5 minutes from wake

I've finally been able to pin point when it happens. The pen on my Thinkpad Yoga x1 has minor issues for the first few minutes after I turn on the computer or wake it up. In Paint Tool SAI, I can only write about 1 or 2 inches of line before it stops drawing. I notice in that program is keeps trying to switch to the select tool. I figured it was just that program but it does other weird stuff in another program called Krita. It switches between the eraser and brush tool as I'm trying to draw. It's not just 3rd party programs either. In Microsoft Paint, it also occasionally stops drawing, then picks back up as I'm swiggling lines around. I'm not sure if this is a driver thing or not but I've already clean installed Windows because I was having other issues. What would the issue be? Can anyone test this? Draw a bunch of circles in paint without lifting the pen. 

zamatoelite
Paper Tape
Views: 415
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Pen not working right first ~5 minutes from wake

I have the same problem. I boot up the machine, pen stops working about 5 min in.

In fact, I've had this problem off and on since the X1 Yoga came out (I've owned this machine for a while). Every time there is a Win 10 update, the pen or touch screen stops working until Lenovo releases a firmware update. Don't bother asking for support, they won't do anything. Once they get your money, you don't matter to them anymore.

If you recently purchased this device, return it. It sucks big time. Get a Macbook or something. This will be my last Lenovo purchase.

Nate1100
Fanfold Paper
Views: 363
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Pen not working right first ~5 minutes from wake

This is a very late reply but I did manage to fix the problem. Lenovo had to send me a new stylus. Perhaps there was a whole bunch of styluses that had this issue then including yours? I wanted to get a Lenovo Thinkpad because I've hear so many great things about them. Build quality is amazing but there's so many problems with the laptop's devices (wifi, bluetooth, the drivers, battery life, etc) I sort of do wish I got a Macbook. My second choice was the Dell XPS but I've realized Windows kind of sucks and I'm tired of it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors