Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imburr
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 20HR Touchpad - Question About Functionality

So I got my Kaby Lake 20HR Carbon last week. I loaded it up and played with it- fell in love. I almost always use a mouse, except when I am running around carrying this thing under my arm. A few days later, I replaced the SSD with an Intel 600P 512 GB NVMe. I could not migrate my stuff, so I did a fresh install. After install, I fully update both from Lenovo and Windows standpoint.

Then I go to work.. and my touchpad is funny. It works- all gestures work, tapping, double taping, swiping. It is very sensitive and high quality. But the BOTTOM buttons don't work, really. I am not talking about the touchpoint buttons at the top of the pad- those work great. But the bottom of the touchpad itself only works if you press it really hard. Also, it does not make any sort of satisfying click like a button.

Am I crazy? Am I just rememberming my old device, which had two click regions in the bottom left and right corner? That doesnt seem right, because this touchpad DOES left and right click if you press hard in the bottom left and right corners.

Could the drivers or something have messed up with the hardware clickyness?

My last laptop was a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, my wife had a Lenovo and just upgraded to the Flex 5... and they all have click regions on the bottom quadrants that make a noise and give you feedback of a click.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 263
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 20HR Touchpad - Question About Functionality

I suggest installing ThinkVantage System Update and let that sort out the drivers

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Imburr
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 3 of 4

That has been done. Any 20hr owners that can weigh in if the buttons are clickable/audible, or maybe I'm just remembering my old touchpad?

Highlighted
Michel_X1C
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 4 of 4

Hi, sorry to here your carbon is acting up.

Mine is indeed clickable and audible in the lower corners of the touchpad.

Maybe something went wrong when installing the SSD?

Good luck anyway!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors