Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lingmei
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Gen system recovery using DVDs

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 4 (type 20FB), with windows 7 professional installed. After receiving the laptop I replaced the harddrive and requested a window 7 recovery disc set from lenovo, using that, I successfully installed the system on the laptop.

Now, using the same disc set, I am reinstalling the system without making any changes to the hardware, but I have got some problems. I have tried 6 times, 3 times the recovery process went through but when restarting the system, I got the following message :

X1C_ErrorMessage.jpg

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To  fix the problem :

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language setting, and then click "Next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If your do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\winload.efi

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or currupt.

The disc set has three DVDs, two of them are labeled as 'Applications and Dirvers Recovery Disc', 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. The third is labeled as 'Operating System Recovery Disc, Windows 7 Professional SP1'. As I mentioned above, I have used these to successfully install the sytem before.

Does anyone know what the problem is ? I really appreciate if someone can offer help, thanks!

LM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors