Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimeTower
Paper Tape
Views: 1,824
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Generation and Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station

Hello ...

I use an Thinkpad Yoga370 together with the Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station for business. For private use I have an Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Generation. Is there any possibility to connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station e.g. by an adapter?

So I would like to use the Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station with connected Screen, Keyboard, Mouse with both Laptops.

Thanks for your help and best regards ...

Test10
What's DOS?
Views: 1,500
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Generation and Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station

Hello, 

did you manage to sort this out? I am trying the same thing but with a 3th generation and I cannot figure out how to do it. is there any adaptor?

Highlighted
drewbird88
What's DOS?
Views: 1,275
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Generation and Thunderbolt 3 Docking-Station

I have a X1 Carbon 4th Gen that I'm trying to use with with Thunderbolt 3 dock as well.  It's not working.  I get an error message saying that the port I'm using to connect (I've tried using all USB ports on the machine) doesn't support the dock.  I've tried basically every version of adapter, including [MiniDP to USB Type C] and [USB 3.0 Type A to USB Type C] cords with no luck. 

I don't think the ports on the 4th Gen machines support the Thunderbolt dock.  I'm wondering if it's just an inherent limitation of USB 3.0 or if I need to update my USB port drivers or something.... 

Any help would be appreciated!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors