Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-04-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th Generation Keyboard Noises Issue

2017-12-04, 4:54 AM

Hey everyone! I'm probably going to come off as super petty but I just want to check to see if the noises I get from different keys is normal.

The backspace and down arrow keys are quite a bit noiser when clicked than any other buttons on the keyboard. I first noticed how loud the down arrow key was versus the other arrow keys.

Are these normal differences that you all are experiencing or are these issues I should try to warranty?

Like I said, I'm sure I'm coming off as petty but it's a brand new laptop for me and one I spent quite a bit of money on so I want to make sure everything's okay.

Thanks for the feedback!

Options

1 Posts

04-01-2018

Serbia

2 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th Generation Keyboard Noises Issue

2018-04-01, 0:29 AM
Hi,

I've recently got X1 Carbon 5th gen and I have the same doubt. Left shift, caps lock or backspace have a slight different audible feedback than other regular letter keys. Letter keys feel stiffer and have better feedback. Bigger keys feel a bit more loosely and have a higher tone. This is my first time I'm using ThinkPad keyboard, so I want to check is this typical or not.

Thanks
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms