Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankmnielsen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,008
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Carbon (5th gen) compatibilty with Samsung 960 pro 2tb

Before I order the new Thinkpad X1 20HR002MMD  I would like to know if I can upgrade the SSD to a 2TB Samsung 960 pro?

Guru
Views: 967
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon (5th gen) compatibilty with Samsung 960 pro 2tb

As long as its M.2 Type 2280 PCIe3x4, which the Samsung 960 Pro is. 

Check out these service training videos on info how to replace the SSD: http://lenovolearning.bhivesoft.com/bhive/t/1004/course_launch_frame.jsp?id=9966

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

therealslik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 553
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon (5th gen) compatibilty with Samsung 960 pro 2tb

Hi, I was wondering if by any chance this would be the same scenerio for the lenovo Thinkpad X1 tablet gen 2? I know it also uses the M.2 Type 2280 PCIe3x4, and i wanted to put a 2tb samsung 960 pro in there. Is this possible or would the controller or OS stop me? Thanks in advance for any help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors