cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredChesley
What's DOS?
Views: 589
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Carbon, 6th Gen; Windows USB Restore Failure.

Laptop will not boot to Windows; Only boots to BIOS; [1] Ran full BIOS diagnostics; No errors; [2] Unlocked BIOS to accept all access; [3] Downloaded latest Windows recovery for USB drive reset;  [4] Windows recovery USB program boots laptop; [5] Windows reset program fails at +/- 52%; Will not continue; [6] Need a functional Windows recovery program; [7] Warranty still good.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 562
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon, 6th Gen; Windows USB Restore Failure.

Hello and welcome,

Did you download the MS "clean" install media or the Lenovo image for your machine?

Sounds like it was MS media.  If so, try the Lenovo version.  I can't say it will work any better but it's probably worth a shot.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103653?LinkTrack=Solr

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

FredChesley
What's DOS?
Views: 521
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon, 6th Gen; Windows USB Restore Failure.

Thanks.  I did use the downloaded Lenovo image.  I do not have the MS image.

Why is the restore program hanging a little more than 50% into the installation?  Is there a BIOS setting interfereing with the system re-install?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors