Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertSpringer
Paper Tape
Views: 721
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X1 Carbon Display Problem

I am having a strange problem displaying an image on the monitor of my new Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop [Type: 20FB-002LUS   S/N R9-0N7 ].

I am running a robotics graphic program developed by Carnegie Mellon University to teach middle school students how to write programs to run the small robot shown in the attached picture labeled “VEX IQ Robot”.

I have attached a picture showing a sample of the program displayed either on my HP ENVY desktop computer or my HP laptop (both running Windows 7 – Home Premium). The picture is labeled “Screen shot of IQ program that looks normal”. The program shows evenly spaced graphic lines with text centered vertically within the lines. This how the output should look according the programming manual from Carnegie.

When I run the program on my Lenovo laptop (also running Windows 7 – Home Premium) I get the image on the monitor show in the attachment labeled “VEX IQ Display Problem”.  Each line is moved down overlapping the top of the line below. In addition, the text is not centered vertically in the lines. The text is also moved down to the bottom of the line. The text is also bolded.  The graphics is pushed together without spacing. The text also appears somewhat enlarged and bolded.

The distortion is large enough to make the information on the monitor difficult to use.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?   The Lenovo monitor have any adjustments that would produce a normal screen?

Thank you,

Robert Springer, PhDVEX IQ Display Problem.jpgVEX IQ Display ProblemScreen shot of IQ program that looks normal.jpgScreen shot of IQ program that looks normalVEX IQ Robot.jpgVEX IQ Robot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors